The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The International, Intergalatic Ricoh GR Thread

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
:p Nice to have you back, Don! ..and with wonderful Pictures too!
Thorkil
Thanks Thorkil.
I'm still wrestling with the Zone Focusing. I'm goiing to attempt to come up with a system today on the street......

Did you get the GR........yet?
don

Thorkil

Thanks Thorkil.
I'm still wrestling with the Zone Focusing. I'm goiing to attempt to come up with a system today on the street......

Did you get the GR........yet?
don
Yes, yes I did, Don! But I havn't got time to try to learn and exploit it….but I must admit, that I very secretly follow (and admire…) your doings in that area on your homepage and on Flickr, but your homepage is the most interesting while your word is a joy to read. But while you blushes, I also must admit that I havn’t exploit your Inpired Eye volume 2 fully yet, but…patience…that will come, while it’s so well-done…(and other lads and lady’es should be welcome to join the subscription too, I would like to point out)
but I can see I’ll now have to promise myself, one of these days to lift myself out of the sofa (well not sofa all the time, also suddenly got some work to…and that thing, one can’t complaine about too..), and try to make friends with the GR. And you know, I still got this silly idea to visit all the very old café’s and pubs in the center of Copenhagen before they disappears. That would be a lovely thing to do.
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Yes, yes I did, Don! But I havn't got time to try to learn and exploit it….but I must admit, that I very secretly follow (and admire…) your doings in that area on your homepage and on Flickr, but your homepage is the most interesting while your word is a joy to read. But while you blushes, I also must admit that I havn’t exploit your Inpired Eye volume 2 fully yet, but…patience…that will come, while it’s so well-done…(and other lads and lady’es should be welcome to join the subscription too, I would like to point out)
but I can see I’ll now have to promise myself, one of these days to lift myself out of the sofa (well not sofa all the time, also suddenly got some work to…and that thing, one can’t complaine about too..), and try to make friends with the GR. And you know, I still got this silly idea to visit all the very old café’s and pubs in the center of Copenhagen before they disappears. That would be a lovely thing to do.
Thorkil

So this pub and club visiting procedure requires you to drink at every spot...if my mind is half way working.
By the way, my GR is a female and likes to smell vodka....

There's a few things different from it's Momma, the GRD4. The focus scale is close to accurate in snap mode.
The AEL button is great. I have it set to LOCK. So I can hit it and the camera stays at that distance until I hit it again.

Why is that so cool....Glad ya asked... We may not always want to use the snap distances. Sometimes I want to get in between a set distance....dunno..
it's logical here in Philly....

Get off yer lazy a** and post some shots....:wtf:
I'll follow you like before....
don

06-13-0702.jpg by streetshooter.net, on Flickr

06-13-0689.jpg by streetshooter.net, on Flickr

Last edited:

Thorkil

thanks Don!!!, it might be the word that encourage me!(and sometimes words can mean more than you would think) (even though the sofa feels so safe)(and time and hours becomes more and more such a funny concept)
I don't understand fully what you explain!, but I'll try to read the words once more...! (with the GR in my hand)
By the way, I've decided, although in my next life, to learn something about Light room (and only because of you!).
Wonderful Picture you post here (even some magic hidden there) (even though I've bee sneaking for a quick preview somewhere else :)
Out on the streets with you Don! (and back to the sofa, here...no, no, just some minor work etc.)(if I only could avoid the the-every-day-jump-over-actions I could gain perhaps 2-3 hours per day, and then save them in a account...and then..)
Well, even I can hear it...no, more talk, some action, but....
:angel:
Thorkil
(evaluation on the Inspired Eye might come another day)

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
We all must live in the inverse square law...especially in photography.
I guess that means that the less time you get to make photos, the more satisfaction you will recieve from them.
I worried for many years about that. I felt that when I retired, I'd have all the time in the world to do just that, make photos. Now it seems that being retired, (Agent Orange's choice for retirement, not mine)....my tremors are getting to the point that I cant steady the camera to well. It's ironic to me and maybe just to me and a few vets for sure.

So I work feverishly to ward off the inevitable.....
I did pick up a Nex 6 because of that finder. I hate finders but if things don't go well...I can steady the camera against my face and use that great Nex 6 finder.

I won't beat the Devil but I'll dang sure give her a run for the money.....
I'm in town again tomorrow and the GR is with me.....I'll post some stuff....
later my friend.....don

V

Vivek

I am planning to buy one as soon as possible.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Sorry, this one wasn't taken with the GR but the xxxxxness of a few in the other section over a silly camera is getting to be a bit too much for me.

Look forward to more from you Don! :)

Thorkil

:thumbup:...Don, I'll be waiting
(and Agent orange or not, you are handling the cameras very well!!(and some shake dosn't matter))(and by the way, from art, one can see, people are sometimes letting things loose, and gather quality, when they are rounding the 60's)
(And I promise I'll give it a try, to make friends with the GR)
Thorkil

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
I am planning to buy one as soon as possible.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Sorry, this one wasn't taken with the GR but the xxxxxness of a few in the other section over a silly camera is getting to be a bit too much for me.

Look forward to more from you Don! :)
Vivek.... real nice....it's great your on the street because you belong there....

You can post what you want when you want whenever....
you know that my friend.....
don

lhotse

Some great stuff in here guys - nice work - always loved your work Don :)

Here a choice few from the first cull of shots taken on a recent work trip to NYC/Philly - all shot using snap focus and processed in LR and/or Silver Efex.

Really enjoying the GR.

Thanks for looking :)

Thorkil

left for Italy last week....som from today
San Zeno di Montagna, Veneto

iso 250 f/9 1/250

Thorkil