The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EOS M with 22mm Kit -$355 at Amazon

sagar

I thought its with sharing. Amazon is selling EOS-M with 22mm lens kit for $355 including 4% instand rebates.

Even considering all its drawbacks I think it's a steal at this price. Moreover I am guessing may be a follow-up model is on the way...

pophoto

I thought its with sharing. Amazon is selling EOS-M with 22mm lens kit for $355 including 4% instand rebates.

Even considering all its drawbacks I think it's a steal at this price. Moreover I am guessing may be a follow-up model is on the way...
Do you have a link for this pricing?

kdemas

If you don't need fast AF the camera really has some terrific IQ. I bought and sold one, loved the files.

hot

WHAT are useful cameras? Leica M9?
Classifying useless/useful shows few knowledge.
Millions of people are "happy" with their phone cameras.

.. by the way ... EOS M ist not a small sensor camera ... APS-C mirrorless ...

mazor

I think Jorgen Udvang means that the EOS in it's class against the likes of the Fuji XE1 or the Nex 5r or NEx 7, is quite substandard and has not the control dials which limits the use of the EOS-M for anything more than fun shots. Also the PDAF on sensor is at infancy stages for Canon so it does not work all that well. I would probably prefer the new 100D as opposed to the EOS-M as it has a OVF, plus it has proper PDAF which is proven in Canon to work great. Yes the EOS-M does not have a small sensor, but so does the Sony Nex 7, 5r?

Using a mobile phone camera is different class all together, and controls and AF cannot be compared against the likes of the EOS-M

mmbma

Always liked canon point and shoots. Had a S95 and it was a total Joy. Sold that for the RX100 which I didn't like. but... technology moves forward.

TechIV

I picked it up when it was $300... I think the image quality is great, and it's certainly coat pocketable. A couple of brief impressions:

The touch screen is probably the most well implemented I've encountered (including the nicer m43's). The files (both still and video) were great (think EOS 7D) and the lens performance was equally nice. Ignore earlier reviews, with the updated firmware, the AF is serviceable. Even for $350 it is a bargain (in my opinion the lens alone is worth that price).

That said, I got rid of it because (a) even with a fantastic touch screen, I still prefer buttons. (b) there's no viewfinder. I personally HATE holding cameras away from my face and a decent optical vf runs around $100. Thus, despite the EOS-M giving superior files, I realized I would use my Nikon V1 (a similar bargain) more.

mazor

The touch screen had better be better than m43's as it has minimal physical button controls! With most m43's cameras one can just get used to button positions, and concentrate of composing and capturing the moment. The touch screen is an added extra for touch focusing, etc. With the EOS-M you have all this distracting information and functions to touch, that sometimes even your finger may be getting in the way of viewfinding the shot.

Also having to hold the camera away from face makes it harder to stabilize the camera when doing low light shooting.