The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon G10 - Happy owner

iansky

I have had my Canon G10 for about a month now. I purchased it as a backup for my DSLR but have been using it instaed of due to convenience of size / weight and always being with me.

It will never replace or even equate to my DSLR but it has now relaced my Ricoh GRD that was my previous constant companion and for me, it does produce better quality images in both Raw and Jpeg ( I do still use the GRD with the w/angle convertor).

You can see my latest G10 images here:

www.ianskyphotosite.blogspot.com

Joan

What a terrific collection of images, Iansky! I enjoyed them all, and in particular loved the shots of the bride and groom and the night street shots are amazing! I hope to someday be able to get my G10 to produce something worth showing, thanks for the inspiration! :thumbs:

Clawery

Here is an image I shot over Thanksgiving in Florida.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National Atlanta / Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell

httivals

I'm also loving the G10. Also, DXO Optics Pro just announced that they will support the G10 in January. In my experience, DXO's noise reduction (I usually reduce luminance NR to 50% of automatic setting), combined with its "lens softness" feature, improves ISO performance by about a stop, which should make the G10 excellent at iso 400, and fantastic at iso 200.

iansky

Thank you all for the nice comments on my images.

The G10 is an amazing "Small sensor" camera and as shown in many well recognised sites such as Luminous Landscape it can produce very high quality images.
I will have to be very careful that it does not lead me into a false sense of security where I use my DSLR less and less.