The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon P330

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Someone placed this little Nikon on my desk, so I went downstairs and made a couple of attempts. No idea how it decides what to focus on, and it's a bit slow, particularly in a somewhat badly lit factory hall, but absolutely useable. First digital compact I've used in... 8 years, since the Canon A95? But it works :)

Nikon P330 @ 120mm eqv., f/5.6, 1/15s and ISO 800

Nikon P330 @ 85mm eqv., f/4.5, 1/25s and ISO 640

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Not your perfect theatre shooter this, but for something that literally fits in my jeans pocket, it isn't too bad :)

Photos taken inside the old Saigon Opera which can be viewed from the outside further up this thread.

P330 @ 24mm eqv., f/1.8, 1/4s and ISO 800

P330 @ 50mm eqv., f/3.2, 1/10s and ISO 800

mazor

lovely to see the P330 being able to handle a variety of scenes with an all auto type setting I assume?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
lovely to see the P330 being able to handle a variety of scenes with an all auto type setting I assume?
I use it in aperture priority with the largest possible aperture and lowest ISO, hoping that the shutter speed will be within limits. It's a slow camera (AF and writing to card), but the image quality is lovely for such a small apparatus.

rayyan

Jorgen, this would do very well for me too!!

Excellent variety of shots.

And nice to meet you too pal.:)

Best.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Haven't used this in a while, so took it to a pre-Christmas dinner with some friends. One of them asked if she could have a look and accidentally hit the shutter button. It is a nice, little camera :)

P330 @ 24mm eqv.. f/2.0, 1/15s and ISO 560, aperture priority, everything else auto

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
One area where a small but real camera like this totally outshines any touch-screen device, is the user interface. It simply isn't possible for me to operate a phone cameras fast or fluently enough to capture fast paced action, like hungry children at a Japanese buffet restaurant :)

P330 @ 24mm eqv., f/1.8 and 1/20s