The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD II One minute exposure

J

jorgeAD

60 seconds, F4, ISO 200. Using the GRDII with serious low light levels feels more like Zen meditation than photography. Nothing visible on the LCD (now I know what I need an external optical viewfinder for) and the looooong exposure is followed by an equally looooong dark frame substraction (all for an overprocessed mushy JPG).

Anyway the DNG raw was very sharp (I love that GR lens !) and Selective Color in PS made it really easy to warm up the shadows and wooden floor, clean up the blue metal an enhance the plants outside the house.. all in 5 minutes with no Curves or masking of any kind.

C

chris_tribble

This + the IR shot both interesting. I'm enjoying the GR2 as a carry round all the time camera, but still don't feel confident in it's performance compared to the M8 ... grateful if you could post a 100% crop from this so we could see how the noise structure looks ... I keep on thinking, how will this print A3+?

Best

Maggie O

Man, now this dumabass American is gonna hast ta git herselv a calcu-lay-tor to cipher up them thar met-trick nummers. ;)

C

chris_tribble

Hi - got this from:
http://www.popphoto.com/howto/2250/...y-photo-papers-for-inkjet-printers-page2.html

Might be useful.

U.S. SIZES
A (Letter) 8.5x11 inches
Legal 8.5x14 inches
B (Ledger) 11x17 inches
Super B (same as metric A3+) 13x19 inches
C 17x22 inches
D 22x34 inches
(no letter designations for 4x6, 8x10, or 8x12)

METRIC SIZES
A5 5.8x8.3 inches
A4 8.3x11.7 inches
A3 11.7x16.5 inches
A3+ (same as U.S. Super B) 13x19 inches
A2 16.5x23.4 inches
A1 23.4x33.1 inches

Best.

Will

Starting at A5 you just double the length of the shortest side to get the next size up.
A4 = 2 x A5
A3 = 2 x A4
A2 = 2 x A3
A1 = 2 x A2

This is quite handy if you have some A3 paper and need some A4 to print a letter. You just fold in half and cut.

Last edited: