The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Storm CLouds

Lili

It was hazy and warm.
Then the light changed as these clouds blew in.
Within minutes it was cold and pouring rain.
Texas Weather.

GRD, jpeg straight from camera

DavidE

I like both versions. They're quite evocative.

Both show the subtle variations in the lower clouds. Having the sky take up most of the frame makes the clouds seem heavier and more threatening.

The color version resembles a old duotone print (blue and red). Because everything else has muted colors, the light blue/green building shines out like a beacon. A hint of optimism against the gathering storm?

The B&W version lets you concentrate on the interplay of the forms. The telephone pole looks as though it's growing from a patch of scraggly plants. In the background, the cityscape has a similar conical shape and orientation with the buildings growing into the sky. Humans and plants build up their structures in open defiance of nature's mighty power?

Then again, they could just be pretty pictures of dark clouds.:)

Lili

LOL, thanks David :)
I like both versions. They're quite evocative.

Both show the subtle variations in the lower clouds. Having the sky take up most of the frame makes the clouds seem heavier and more threatening.

The color version resembles a old duotone print (blue and red). Because everything else has muted colors, the light blue/green building shines out like a beacon. A hint of optimism against the gathering storm?

The B&W version lets you concentrate on the interplay of the forms. The telephone pole looks as though it's growing from a patch of scraggly plants. In the background, the cityscape has a similar conical shape and orientation with the buildings growing into the sky. Humans and plants build up their structures in open defiance of nature's mighty power?

Then again, they could just be pretty pictures of dark clouds.:)

kweide

Oh Lili

when i see this upcoming storm and that terrifying clouds resp. weatherconditions i want to stay underground... :D

Lili

Oh Lili

when i see this upcoming storm and that terrifying clouds resp. weatherconditions i want to stay underground... :D
Klaus, here in Texas there is much weather like this; as it was we just got some cold wind and a lot of rain. The rest of the day was cold and clear.
I once actually saw the greenish skies said to associated with tornadic weather; we had funnel clouds sighted and baseball sized hail soon after.
THOSE skies were threatening indeed!