The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Saatchi Gallery GRD2 GH-1

Will

Went to the new Saatchi Gallery for the Chinese artist exhibition. Great art gallery, free and they are happy for you to take as many pics as you like including ones of the art work.

GRD2 with the GH-1

My son with his E-420 he got for Christmas.

People looking at retirement home for world leaders.

Couldn't resist turning this one upside down.

Sculpture plus family performance art.

helenhill

That is a Tres Cool Exhibit
one can take as may pixs
Museums Today have too many rules here in the States

Wonderful Set Will....Great Subject,Composition & Eye

All the Best-H Exhib

DavidE

Mighty fine, Will. They really give you a sense of the open/confined space inside the gallery.

I like the upside-down one just as much when it's right-side up (I cheated and contorted my body to see the original orientation).:)

Lili

Great work Will
As Helen pointed out, here they act like they are with Homeland Security; either terrified one is going to use flash or one has some nefarious scheme going that can be stopped by preventing image taking!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Great work Will
As Helen pointed out, here they act like they are with Homeland Security; either terrified one is going to use flash or one has some nefarious scheme going that can be stopped by preventing image taking!
Don't try taking pictures in the Tate.
Only place so far that actually tried to snatch my camera.
-bob

Will

Lili, Helen and DavidE, thanks for the positive comments. Glad you like the pics :)

I think one reason that they are so relaxed at the Saatchi Gallery is that all the art works belong to the man himself and he an have whatever policy he likes. He seems to have the attitude that the more the artworks get seen and interacted with the better.

O

Oxide Blu

Nice pix, Will. I like the upside down people. :)

Museums Today have too many rules here in the States
This is an interesting subject, worthy of its own thread. Many museums in the US do not have the authority to restrict photographing artworks in them, with or without a flash, tho they would like you to think they do.