The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few shots with the GX-100

Stuart Richardson

I bought a GX-100 back around Christmas. It is my first small-sensor camera in years. I am still coming to terms with the controls...I am so used to aperture rings and shutter speed wheels that even the fairly straight-forward controls on the GX-100 are a bit of a pain. I don't feel like I have as much control over the camera as I do over the M8 or DMR for example. This is to be expected of course, and it is not a deal breaker.

On the other hand, it is fantastic to have a camera I can slip in my pocket and truly carry with me everywhere...without so much as a bag! The depth of field is really nice for street photography as well. The other thing that I really like is the wide end...24mm is quite wide. I have a bit more difficulty holding it at lower speeds though...I think not having it up to my eye makes things a bit more wobbly.

Anyway, here are a few examples I have shot since then:

It works in color as well...

And the flash can stop motion...I like the slow synch option...not a great shot here, however.