The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

YouTube Video: Moriyama Daido Street Shooting

O

Oliver

That was great, thanks for sharing it.

Nice darkroom too, now I miss my Canon P :(

O

Oxide Blu

Someone needs to bring the guy up to speed on keeping his hands out of the chemistry.

ShiroKuro

I like his style..at least he is not in peoples face like this guy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kkIWW6vwrvM
... Daido goes right up to people and flashes them.. in fact I have seen him tell people not to move while he takes another shot ..all before they know what is going on " Mo Ichimai" .... Flash :) But that is not really the point ..He is an amazing photographer and just has his style as does Bruce .... I really like Bruce Gilden ..... I saw his images before I saw his approach to shooting ..
not sure if that makes a difference for me ... but I really do not see the "at least he is not in peoples faces like this guy " ... well maybe a little ; ) But more that he has that New Yorker attitude ...

I love the way Daido carries the tray of chemical without spilling a drop ... that is amazing to me :)

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I don't like Bruce Gilden's work because he seems like such a *** hole. I've seen videos of Joel Meyerowitz's at work and he doesn't work that way so I don't buy into the stereotype new york attitude thing. Henri Cartier Bresson in interviews and videos showed he was very gentleman like to his subjects and respected their space. Yes you have to get close sometimes but if your a great photographer there is a way to do it being a bystander and not a total jerk.

Last edited:

Lili

I don't like Bruce Gilden's work because he seems like such a *** hole. I've seen videos of Joel Meyerowitz's at work and he doesn't work that way so I don't buy into the stereotype new york attitude thing. Henri Cartier Bresson in interviews and videos showed he was very gentleman like to his subjects and respected their space. Yes you have to get close sometimes but if your a great photographer there is a way to do it being a bystander and not a total jerk.
Bravo! Love watching Meyerowitz at work

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Gilden has different styles of shooting for what he wants. Here he connects very well with his subjects and engages them, Foreclosures.

I always try to judge the work not the artist.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Gilden has different styles of shooting for what he wants. Here he connects very well with his subjects and engages them, Foreclosures.

I always try to judge the work not the artist.
John I probably should but I can't. If the artist puts him/her self "out there" to be known, the two are the same.

Last edited: