The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Traveler's Tales..

rayyan

Those are exceptional, Rayyan. Where is it? I want to go there.
Jorgen, my friend, thank you so very much. Hope all goes well with you.

These images are from a small and beautiful town on the west coast of Morocco..Essaouira.

You will love it.

An artist's town..

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ah, but Essaouira is well known by Norwegians. A legendary Norwegian author of children's books, Torbjørn Egner, visited Essaouira in 1949 and used the town as the backdrop for his book "Folk og Røvere i Kardemomme By" (When the Robbers Came to Cardamom Town).

All Norwegian, and many foreign, children know this book, and most adults in Norway will be able to sing the songs from their memories, myself included. I have wanted to go there for a long time, but so far...

rayyan

Ah, but Essaouira is well known by Norwegians. A legendary Norwegian author of children's books, Torbjørn Egner, visited Essaouira in 1949 and used the town as the backdrop for his book "Folk og Røvere i Kardemomme By" (When the Robbers Came to Cardamom Town).

All Norwegian, and many foreign, children know this book, and most adults in Norway will be able to sing the songs from their memories, myself included. I have wanted to go there for a long time, but so far...
Time then Jorgen, for you to write some stories of your own in this place!!

Best regards.

Thorkil

Jorgen, my friend, thank you so very much. Hope all goes well with you.

These images are from a small and beautiful town on the west coast of Morocco..Essaouira.

You will love it.

An artist's town..
..this, Ryyan, (together with your old Orson Welles habour-shot) makes me just a bit more dreaming of a visit to Essaouira...this together with Cuba (and perhaps Lofoten) could be the only longings....
thorkil

rayyan

..this, Ryyan, (together with your old Orson Welles habour-shot) makes me just a bit more dreaming of a visit to Essaouira...this together with Cuba (and perhaps Lofoten) could be the only longings....
thorkil
Thorkil, Cuba is a place I would like to visit too!! Wonderful photographs to be made there.

tbhv55 and Thorkil, my thanks to you both.

rayyan

Thanks for the ' likes ' friends...

We travel East for this one...

And way West for this....

emr

rayyan, great pictures! The processing make them look historical.

Wow, I DO remember the three robbers! Never realized it was a Norwegian book. Jeg visste ikke at boka er norsk.

rayyan

emr, Justin..thank you for the kind comments. Much appreciated.

Going south..Africa; on a trek to Kilimanjaro.