The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Time for an iPhone thread....

Terry

Since so many here like to acquire gear I know there have to be a bunch of iPhone users among us. Does this fit into the Small Sensor Forum or do we need a special Teeny Tiny Sensor Forum. Anyway let's see your iPhone shots....

View attachment 1069

Stuart Richardson

I don't have an iPhone, but I have been incredibly impressed with the displays. I did get an iPod touch, which I love. The colors of the displays are outstanding...better than most laptops. It's fantastic as I can load a bunch of jpegs on it and have a walking interactive gallery in my pocket. If I ask someone on the street if I can photograph them, for example, I can take out the iPod and say "here's an example of my work." It works rather well that way. No camera, however. The GX100 is the smallest I have been tempted to use. I have seen some nice iPhone shots...again, it is the color that impresses me more than anything else.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I can't justify an iPhone, but wish I could. Especially now that there's a Teeny Tiny Sensor Forum (TTSF). That forum name is pretty catchy. If only I had somebody to call with the darn thing, I'd go out and get one just so I could be a part of the forum.
:D

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Alright TEBnewyork it looks like your having to much leisure time:thumbup:

I've got the Ipod touch too...I wish I could have had an iphone but Apple won't allow them on business accounts. So I have to stick with my crackberry.

Terry

I've got the Ipod touch too...I wish I could have had an iphone but Apple won't allow them on business accounts. So I have to stick with my crackberry.
Believe it or not, I was on a business trip. I still have a crackberry as well. Can't do personal email on my business account. Amazing, my mother and her friends LOVE the iPhone because the can actually use the features and don't get lost in the menus and weird mobile phone icons. I'm sure Steve Jobs wasn't expecting the senior set to be so hip!

Will

Here is the first one I took, just to see what it could do. No PP done on it.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just got home from LA but not before I had a chance to get this heavy lift Helicopter bringing air handlers to the roof of a 48 story building

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
I think that we can now start talking about that iPhone "glow" now that Leica has cleaned up its lens formulas and coatings :ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Might have been nose grease on the lens. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Damn thing actually has some decent DR in it

Terry

Gorgeous Day - dirty window

I flew back from Indianapolis today. Great views on our approach. The iPhone was trying to focus on the dirt on the window (shows up as smearing) but managed to get some really cool shots.

View attachment 3117

helenhill

Well said Mike!!
To the Teeny Tiny Sensor Forum .......Yeah Terry
and whats a poor girl to do since i'm a CRACKberry addict too:scry:
cheers! helen