The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Let's see what a Saturday in January looks like

kweide

I´ve been in Tel Aviv in 1980... uhhh what an amazing town.....what a country .... tons of slides.....all shot with OM1. 3 monzhs traveling thru the country.. from north to south from west to east from Har Chermon to Sharm el Sheikh..

Still dreaming of river Jordan....

scott kirkpatrick

I´ve been in Tel Aviv in 1980... uhhh what an amazing town.....what a country .... tons of slides.....all shot with OM1. 3 monzhs traveling thru the country.. from north to south from west to east from Har Chermon to Sharm el Sheikh..

Still dreaming of river Jordan....
Israel definitely has its idyllic side, its 3000+ years of history close to the surface, and the fact that we don't share Northern Europe's or New England's nasty winters helps a lot. I've put some Dead Sea snaps in one gallery.

Unfortunately, there are also a lot of 21st Century problems which jar against the Biblical invocations and the "white city on a hill" image, and come from trying to fit two very different cultures and many millions of people into too small an area. Plus what you currently see on TV.

But I was wondering what others were doing on the last weekend or two...

scott