The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shadow and light

pollobarca

Will,
you started an Ace thread. Is that you reading a book in the second pic? :rolleyes: The first pic of the Bike is an interesting picture to look
at and enjoy.

Lili Like yours too,a difficult one to take with the sun in front.
one from my Flickr
Back of the office, trucks waiting for loads.Long Wait! GX100

b rgds

paul

D

D upton-Hackett.

looks better than my proper photo.:D:D

Last edited:

Will

oops! just realised that I had posted those last two already :eek:

And yes that is me 'reading the book' paul :)
The toning is direct from the GRD2 Lily so I have to give Ricoh credit for that.

Will

Old dustbin at my parents house. Same one been in use since 1963! Don't make em like they used to.

DP1

gallery7

With nothing much else to do the youth in the slums surrounding Lagos sniff glue and smoke pot most of the day. This fella seemed to think he was about 10 years old.

Last edited:

sizifo

sizifo that one has a strange sort of glow that I really like.
Thanks. This one has grown on me. It does sort of illustrate that it's possible get away with iso1600, if the exposure is perfect, and with some local PP to deal with the noise in large deep shadow areas (which I personally don't like).

sizifo

With nothing much else to do the youth in the slums surrounding Lagos sniff glue and smoke pot most of the day. This fella seemed to think he was about 10 years old.
Stunning one. In addition, the feeling that you're in a completely different environment and state of mind than most of us posting here, is hubmling.

gallery7

well thank you my friend. i thought the shadows and the lightbulb? was kind of humorous when put next to all the natural light and shadow combos.

if the photo could be thought of as "humorous".

i think a lot of the photographs in this thread are very, very good.
the dustbin? loooove it!
the crazy things hanging from the roof? and museum bench? loooove it!
red suitcase? smashing!