The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

testing the dynamic range

Will

That picture of the man in the blue shorts is priceless!

They are all very impressive though.

ecliffordsmith

Hi Wayne,

Happy new year to you!

It is nice to see you adventures with this camera. What is your opinion regarding the handling of the camera? The DP2 with a 40mm full frame field of view sounds like an interesting camera.

smokysun

thanks, will, he was fun to watch. really worked up a sweat!

hi ed,
best of the new year to you too.
the dp1 both satisfying and frustrating. the files as good as they get but post-processing is a must. luckily, a few simple tweaks will do the job. everything is slow, however get the voightlander viewfinder (brighter and metal) rather than the sigma, shoot in manual focus, which is very easy, and treat it like a film leica. great size and photojournalism camera.
more negs: writes raw to the card slowly and the 4.0 lens requires a lot of wall-leaning as i did in the museum pics: www.pbase.com/wwp/museum
i've learned to like the 28. that said, the dp2 will probably be a lot more useful in many situations with the 41mm and 2.8 lens.
you will be complimented by others interested in cameras. unique.
best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
So Wayne....I got 1 good question......

Where on G-D'S Green Earth are you at? The weather looks fit for humans....
I read this post this morning after scraping ice off my windshield......
I got warm just looking at your photos....

shooter

smokysun

terrible to confess, but in california, chico, central valley north of sacramento. we're having very unusual warm weather. doesn't usually happen til valentine's day. if it doesn't rain soon, i'm going to have a very busy fire season.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Lili

terrible to confess, but in california, chico, central valley north of sacramento. we're having very unusual warm weather. doesn't usually happen til valentine's day. if it doesn't rain soon, i'm going to have a very busy fire season.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp
I went to high school in Sacramento, recall the Needles
Cool area :)
Wayne, you are tempting me into the DP-1
;)