The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

iOS B&W Processing

simonclivehughes

View attachment 81897

I just wrote an article entitled In Search of the Holy Grail: Good iOS B&W for my photo blog See, Capture, Show on some methods of trying to duplicate my desktop workflow of Color Efex Pro 4 -> Silver Efex Pro 2 using iOS apps on my iPad.

I like dramatic, "toothy" B&W images with rich blacks and creamy whites, and attaining this on the desktop is easy, but the standalone apps that claim to give the best B&W results just don't do it for me, so I looked at the workflow of two major apps: Snapseed and Filterstorm Neue. The article shows the step-by-step process to achieve similar results to my desktop experience.

Enjoy!

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the lesson, Simon:thumbup:
I also enjoyed your blog about the Vintage FX app., where you turned your digital Moscow snaps into Soviet era postcards. Very nice.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

simonclivehughes

Thanks, Gandolfi, I'm enjoying your series on the iPad Snaps thread. I've done quite a bit of iPhonography on my Ucluelet Bound! blog lately too.

I love the whole idea of using my phone as a capture device, and there are so many interesting photo apps that are so inexpensive to explore and use. Good fun!

Cheers,