The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Create Tilt-Shift Photos

DavidE

I found a site that lets you upload images and transform them into simulated tilt-shift images. Here's the link: http://tiltshiftmaker.com/

before

after

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

DavidE

Here are two more converted images. The site lets you adjust where the in-focus band will be placed horizontally and how wide the band will be.

DP1 images seem to work well with this technique. The in-focus sections are sharply focused, and the Foveon 3-D effect helps to provide a good sense of depth.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Diane B

Just thought I would mention for general info that this is only one technique with a tilt shift lens--selective focus. They are generally used for increasing the perception of deeper/more DOF (tilt/swing) and correcting perspective (shift). The other thing that many use them for is to create 3 shot flat stitch panos.

Cool images though. Thanks for the link.

Diane

DavidE

Paul, I especially like the beach one with the "miniature" people.

Here's another one. (I'm starting to feel claustrophobic.)

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

pollobarca

DavidE ,
I think the people in the water one came out best too.
Like your shots, these seem to go better than mine for the tiltsshift treatment.

paul

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,
Yes, this is a nice idea, and the best examples I have seen are usually shot from a high vantage point, making things look like tiny models rather than real life.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Great stuff, Paul- what quaint little model towns they have in northern Italy!!

Also a few cars or buses (even a gondola and a vaporetto) seems to add to the illusion.

Thanks btw DavidE for the link. Loved your shot in the shopping mall with the little model people!

Cheers,
Gandolfi.