The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

cafe culture

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wayne,
You make it hard for me to concentrate.
I committed to spend 2 weeks on the GX200
to get a relationship started. Your post make it hard
not to pick up the resting DP1.
I am resisting but your not helping.
don

smokysun

don,
very nice to get a reaction! what surprises me is how well it's done in low light. here are more from the consignment shop by the railroad tracks.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wayne,
I also am surprised with the camera in low light. The results are far better than I bargained for. I am struggling with the GX200 and have a safety net with the DP1.

As long as I don't compare results from the 2 side by side, I will be ok until I actually adopt the Ricoh. It's a great camera but it surely ain't a DP1....
later...Don

smokysun

hi don,
this brings up a lot of interesting questions. i'd been looking at the gx100/200, thinking the zoom and faster lens would be a big help. alas, a lot of what i'm shooting depends on detail, which the dp1 has in spades. also, limitations do help at times. this way i don't have to think about changing apertures with different focal lengths. and i can pretend i'm an old-time photojournalist like hcb cause the voightlander vf looks just like the one he had on his leica! whatever feeds our image of ourselves and our imagination seems to count for more than we often realize. i'm sure your new buy will give you renewed pleasures.

best,
wayne

ps. this an example of necessary detail. what struck me was the yellow blanket of the man sleeping on the bench near the train station.

Last edited:

Lili

Wayne, you make that little camera sing!
Well, you do that with any camera ;)
And you're wearing my resolve to wait for DP2 very thin.....

smokysun

thanks, lili. hi, sandy. everything on the dp1 shot in raw. now converting with the sigma software, then processing in elements 7. i also use plugins, especially the nik efex complete 3.0. and i play around a lot!

best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp