The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 images.

iiiNelson

Yeah it was really hot that weekend (first weekend in August) but I bump the colors up a little and added a semi-pseudo HDR effect to them in lightroom.

S

suneelkumar85

Hello All,

Your very kind comments are much appreciated, Micek.
Although I do sometimes miss those happy hours of contemplation underneath a dark cloth looking at a 10x8 ground glass screen, I find that I am now as enthused with the camera that I can put in my pocket.
Practicalities now dictate that I probably will not use my old wooden camera again.
------------------------------------------

http://www.laserlipoguide.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

I think I must have been hibernating in the Doldrums for a few months!!

I've now changed styles and am shooting RAW colour.

I processed these with iPhoto and was quite pleased to get these 'faux' HDR shots.

What d'ya think? Should I go back to shooting b/w or should I buy A DP2?

Haha.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

The top two look like oil paintings when viewed large smashing.:grin:
Yes treat yourself to the beautiful DP2 with the faster AF it's good to-go.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Derek, thanks- do you mean the new DP2s or the original DP2 with the updated software.

4 from a walk in the country.

RAW + iPhoto.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Some more RAW with iPhoto pics.

Derek- strange to say there is a used (fairly mint) DP2 with VF1 viewfinder in local camera shop for £369. May be able to take it out for a few days test drive, but am undecided. Still, nothing to lose I suppose. What do you think to that price.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

cheap as chips. give it ago even better if you can have a loan to try first.

Derek.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Yes I thought it was cheap, but as I explained in my other post, have decided it's not for me. Thanks for your feedback, and keep up the good work with your DP2.

Gandolfi.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Entrance lobby and statue at the Roman Baths, Bath.

p.s. Am having to play around so much these days as I have just given up smoking after 45 years and need things to keep me occupied!! 2 weeks so far.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Wayne- thanks- I'm not having to rely on will power alone. I'm being helped by our wonderful National Health Service, and am being prescribed a drug called 'Champix', which reduces the craving for nicotine. Seems to work, too.

Rayyan- wonderful pic- I await your d-lux4 summit pictures with interest :)

Here's a bridge.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

pollobarca

Gandolfi,
with all the money you save you will be able to buy a Hasselblad....

Seriously! Keep it up. I stopped 23 years ago ( 2to 3 packs a day or 1 pack of Old Holborn)
After ten days of head banging, liquorice comfits and beer it snapped that I wasnt going to suffer it any more. I stopped after someone died in my house (yes) from the big one. A great guy he was too.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

There is some nice 'proper' art upstairs at the Victoria Art Gallery, Bath.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

This one's for Paul.

GWR 'Castle Class' 4-6-0 'Nunney Castle' No.5029.

This afternoon on its way to Bristol.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

sonomichele

The wildflowers are all abloom here in Texas. Thought you might enjoy some of the colors from a local abandoned cemetery.