The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 images.

HiltonP

Some recent LX3 extremes, one a macro, the other taken from inside our livingroom with the window framing a rather good sunset.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Thanks Paul & Derek.

Nice old cemetery flower pics, Michael- and liked your sunset, Hilton.

Here 3 crazy blue pics from a day trip to Weymouth on the South Coast.

Well, I have to do something with my time! Just passed 2,160,000 seconds with no smoke.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

pollobarca

Gandolfi,
25 days gone- you should now be in a position to buy a really nice Manfrotto Tripod!

I like the reflections in the third picture. Last time I went to Weymouth it didnt look like this.

all the best

paul

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Paul,
Weymouth didn't look much like this when I was there either!
However there was a nice little notice in the fish and chip shop which said something like 'Only food purchased at the restaurant may be eaten at the tables (except babies):)
As I already have a couple of Manfrotto Tripods perhaps I should start saving for that nice little Ferrari bicycle that you photographed at Maranello!
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

sonomichele

Thanks gandolfi,

My that is some serious blue. Did they add a blue setting to the menu with the 2.1 firmware??? I must have missed it.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Michael- haha:)- that serious blue filter is hidden away in the iPhoto sliders and is specifically for hopeless photographers who have to tart up their mundane images in order to get other people to look at them!!

Here's a lovely tree taken this a.m. and I had to tart this one up in P/S Elements6 using solarise:)

Unfortunately soon afterwards I was walking downhill on the local public golf course where I think they must have been watering the greens. Anyway I encountered a particularly boggy area and my right foot shot away in front of me, and I ended up on my backside and right elbow covered in mud. My lovely little LX3 had been in my right hand and ended up also very muddy and wet around the lens. Good news is it dried out and still works ok. Bad news is I now have a mud filter inside the lens.

So, if anyone in U.K. has an LX3 gathering dust, please let me know.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

sonomichele

Please accept our sincere condolences! That is terrible news. But at least the price is coming down and they are available, think if that had happened last year.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Michael, thank you for your sympathies. I took the camera to photo shop here in Bath today, and there is a small possibility that it might be repairable. Have to wait for maybe 14 days to find out.

In the meantime here are a few pics taken not long before I managed to muddy the waters.

All RAW and played with in iPhoto.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
........and seeing as I am now out of action for a while, here are a few more:).

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Same pic.
First under saturated with iPhoto.
Second over saturated and spherised with Elements6.:wtf:

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Well, it seems you can fill the LX3 lens with mud and water and have it repaired. Collected mine today and judging by these cheerfully colour filled pics it seems to work as well as it ever did:).
RAW + iPhoto.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Derek.

This one is cloistered with iPhoto.
The last two were taken at Iford Manor, near Bradford on Avon, in the Italianate gardens.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

Rick Waldroup

I have really enjoyed viewing the images here.

I have a question. If you preset the focus to a set distance, is there any type of shutter lag? I use a Ricoh GRDII but the images at higher ISO's are a little rough. I have been impressed with the images you shot at higher ISO's. I am a street shooter, so shutter lag is a major concern of mine. Thanks, Rick.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Derek,
Even I can look pretty spooky when de-saturated:).

Dr. Strangelove,
Thanks-pleased that you like the pics.
I notice no discernible shutter lag when pre-focused to a set distance using manual focus. I shoot always using auto focus and there is not much lag using that either. Yes I was pleased with the LX3 with higher ISO, especially using the Dynamic jPeg setting. All in all, for what it is and what it costs and the fact that it fits in a jacket pocket it's a great little toy.
However judging by the lovely quality of some of the pics on your website and blog you don't need another camera. Is it only increased portability you are after?

Here's a pic of a bank where the wild garlic grows- there's a lot in the countryside here at the moment. The smell is delicious.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited: