The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 images.

R

raymondluo

Thank you, Osman.

Here is an amazing cloud over the beach at St. Malo.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.
I like this very much, it's got a Chariots of the God's/ Clash of the Titan's old time greek epic feel to it.

P

PeterLeyssens

Hi Keith,

. . . . OUCH ! ! ! ! . . . . . .

Love the photo
Thanks ! It's amazing what kind of contradictory things one can find simply on the streets sometimes. The class war - danger for life is a great example :D It's not my particular goal to get this kind of weirdness all the time in my NAP, but it's fun if I do.

I tried a different approach to composition today (asymmetric). Let nobody complain about the LX3 dynamic range: this is a white building in sunlight and a black postal box, and both are well defined with details.

Peter.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Liked the beach shot of Thomas and the square b/w shots of Peter, especially the white walled farm.
Ici trois photos au Tabac.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

Howard

Gandolfi.

I am blown away by the quality of your images. While I get many excellent photos with my LX3, you take the camera to a new level. Panasonic should pay you and use your photos as examples what a very good camera in very capable hands can produce. Please keep posting photos as they are a feast for my eyes.

I just viewed this entire thread and viewed other excellent photos posted by other photographers. I know why I bought the LX3 and so many photos posted to this thread confirm why the LX3 is one of the highest rated compact cameras. Everyone -- keep up the good work.

Howard

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Howard,
I am more than flattered by your kind remarks, and will let you know when Panasonic send me a new LX5.:D
Here's a wake in the middle of the English Channel.
Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Gandolfi.

You must have been on Condor jet boat its the only fast boat that leaves a wake that long. have tried to take same shot without success due to movement.:(

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Derek,
No, not Condor, but mv Bretagne, a much larger car ferry run by Brittany Ferries- on my way back from St Malo to Portsmouth last month- quite a smooth sea crossing hence the long wake.
Gandolfi.

S

Specularist

One from the last day I was using the LX3, a couple of weeks ago. Now sold and replaced with a GF1, which will only and possibly be replaced by a GF2. I don't rule out picking up an LX5 as well.

Anyway, good knowing that this LX3 probably found a good new home, as it was bought by one of a pair of rather barfly looking dudes.

A fine photograph. I think the outstretched arm gives it an extra touch of elegance that lifts it above the ordinary.

M

mikoo

Experimenting with dynamic b/w film mode. :grin:

==

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Some pics at Gloucester Cathedral- over 900 years old- Edward II burial place- one of the oldest medieval stained glass windows- even Harry Potter has been here.
1st is 3 shot panorama.
2nd is shot with heavy breathing on the lens.
3rd is vaulted ceiling.
4th b/w conversion with minimal toning.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Last edited:

Howard

Photo taken with my LX3. I do not recollect whether I took this photo or it was taken my daughter. In any case this is my grandson Bradley who is 2 1/2.