The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 images.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Seize the moment the LX3 way!

A man on one leg and a p1ss1ing horse. (not as surreal as a zebra):)

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Newcomer to the LX3 thread...have been participating in the Pentax K-5 thread. Picked up an LX3 as a carry round while running errands...and have been amazed by it's ability to render fine detail. First two pics are storage tank lids at the local gas station.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Great to know people are still buying the LX3. Keep on posting.

Here a couple from last year. These shot in dynamic b/w mode and played with in iPhoto. I love the lithograph/engraving/illustration feeling in these:)

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

French Impressionism!

Wildflowers above the sea - Rotheneuf, Bretagne - summer 2010.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Hilton, that's a fine looking lump of metal! I had to look up Damascus Steel on Wikipedia, where there is a fine photograph of a sword maker in Damascus, Syria in about 1900. I would guess Signor Gianferrari's forge/workshop looks slightly different:)

Here a few pics down by the riverside in Bath. Removed the colour and vintage-toned using the simplicity of iPhoto.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

HiltonP

Gandolfi . . . a great series!
Can't believe how much I enjoy this camera.

and Yes, Maestro Gianferrari's workshop is superb!

Bars of steel . . .

Forged mosaic damascus steel by Ettore Gianferrari.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

This is the Midsomer Norton & Radstock Silver Band playing in dappled sunlight on the village green at Priston, SW of Bath, on the May Day holiday.

I know they are playing The Monkees hit 'Daydream Believer' because I can zoom in on the sheet music in the original pic and read it!!

Fiddled in Elements6 to give a 'gouache on board/ oil on canvas' feeling:)

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Snakes alive, Hilton, what happened next?

Here's a pic of a man standing up after tying the laces of his winklepicker shoes. A recent example of homo erectus!

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited: