The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 images.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Some pics from the Newhaven/Leith area of northern Edinburgh.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello Allo:),

Well I've been on the point of upgrading to something a little more sophisticated but...I love a bit of procrastinating...so instead I've downloaded a trial of Nik Silver Efex and it is so wonderful it's almost better than a new camera:eek:(emoticon overload)

I've been thinking of a Fuji x100 or a Pana GX1 (time will tell)

In the meantime I enjoyed making these.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

HiltonP

Had a bit of a disaster a couple of months ago when we managed to crack the rear LCD of the LX3. No joy in getting it fixed, but with time I have become used to it, although I do feel a twinge of pain each time I see it!..... ;)

There are a couple taken of a cycas as its new leads began to unfurl.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Hilton,

That was tough luck. Doesn't seem to have affected the capability of the camera or the the photographer behind it:)
I can almost hear those new leaves unfolding.
I've tried twice to destroy my camera (once by drowning and once by hitting it hard on tarmac) but it just keeps on working!
Here's another tree.

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hello All,

Wooly mammoths still roamed the green fields of England when I started out in this sight seeing business using a wooden camera on a wooden tripod.

I find it faintly miraculous that using the modern equivalent of a piece of film smaller than my little finger nail I can take a thing called an ooc Raw to make another thing called a b/w jpeg look fairly interesting, all in less than 10 minutes.

And you say it's all done with noughts and ones.

Very clever, Grasshopper.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Jorgen for the double thumbs up. Much appreciated :)

LX3 is a great little camera, sometimes I think there is magic inside it!!

Here are two more.

1st is Speed Sleeping, or Let the Train Take the Strain. 1/25 sec.
2nd is cog wheels near the Kennet & Avon Canal.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
The purpose of Cameras.

Shot this 3 years ago as dynamic b/w Jpeg and just worked it over in Nik silver efex.

800 asa and 1/15 sec f2.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

Last edited: