The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Confessions of a small sensor junkie

simonclivehughes

Thanks, Maggie!

While I've got your attention, what is the size limit for posted images, I didn't see that anywhere in the FAQ etc?

Cheers,

M

Mitch Alland

...I am suprised :shocked:. Despite your minimalistic photographic style you have maximised your photographic instruments...
Wouter, the purchases as outlined above were all reasonable, it just that I didn't sell any of the cameras along the way because it's not that easy to sell these cameras in Bangkok and also because I'm not into buying and selling of used cameras.

Simon, Magge: Yes, that was a typo: it should have read "V-Lux-1".

—Mitch/Bangkok
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776@N00/

W

wbrandsma

Wouter, the purchases as outlined above were all reasonable, it just that I didn't sell any of the cameras along the way because it's not that easy to sell these cameras in Bangkok and also because I'm not into buying and selling of used cameras.

—Mitch/Bangkok
Of course I will never doubt your purchases. I think they are all excellent and very reasonable choices and you have made awesome images with those cameras. I am also not into selling used cameras. I still own my first Ricoh for instance, the GR1.

Irenaeus

Mitch —

As a fellow addict now feeling myself at the same time both strong and virtuous and also somewhat vague and unprepared for the lightseeking life (both emotions stemming from my curently being "temporarily between cameras," I think you probably ought to hang onto everyone of them until you, yourself, are at peace about the focus and direction of this phase of your own life.

I do sympathize, however, and understand. So, if you really can't stand the strain of it all and find you MUST off load one of those weights (no matter how slight) from around your neck (or wrist, as the case may be) please be assured that I'll back you all the way!

Translating that sentiment into cold hard cash means simply that I'm fully willing to offer you a 50% profit on your GX100!! If truth be told, I'd even bump that up and DOUBLE what you paid for it if that would only help you get control over your addiction....:D

Cheers,

Irenaeus

:angel:

Lili

Heh-heh, Iraneous. Now that would be true therapy, or is it philanthropy?

—Mitch/Bangkok
Hey Mitch,
Ireneous is just tryin' to help...um...help you out, yeah, thats it, thats the ticket ;)
Seriously, you got a very good deal on the GX100 and your work with it is too good to part with it.
For me, I'm still torn between just getting the GT-1 or splurging and gettin the GX-100....sigh

Michael S

Mitch wrote:

<< ... found the GX100 on sale until the end of the month for about $100 ... >>

Was that $100 total, or at a $100 discount ?

Good deal either way, but if the total price was $100, his mistake was not buying in quantity. :toocool:

P

Player

Lili, you should "super-splurge" and get both the GT-1 and the GX-100. :) That way you can mix 'n' match, just like your outfits. :grin:

Lili

Lili, you should "super-splurge" and get both the GT-1 and the GX-100. :) That way you can mix 'n' match, just like your outfits. :grin:
LOL, perhaps.
Actually my big concern is that should I get the GX-100, then I might leave my GRD to languish and just use the new toy.
And that would be a waste.
I shall order the GT-1 today, I think :)

scott kirkpatrick

Not sure why anyone would care, but having already got several thousand exposures on a GR-D and a bit fewer on a GX-100 (which my kids use heavily for both stills and videos), here's what I think I'll do for the next decade or so -- get the GR-D II, house it in the slick new soft cover with the small 28mm-only GV-2 viewfinder, use the GX-100 for 35mm-e and 50mm-e focal lengths, and put a GW-1 wide angle extender on the GR-D (it works with the GV-1, which I already have). I'm still checking to see if there is a "creative package" at Popflash that will contain the stuff I want and leave out the things that I don't need.

scott

Irenaeus

...here's what I think I'll do for the next decade or so -- get the GR-D II, house it in the slick new soft cover with the small 28mm-only GV-2 viewfinder, use the GX-100 for 35mm-e and 50mm-e focal lengths, and put a GW-1 wide angle extender on the GR-D...

Very interesting and imaginative combination, Scott! Are you planning to carry more than one of them at a time? If so, have you worked how you might do that?

If you manage to pull it off, do let us know how it works out. I think quite a few of us would be interested — I know I would be.

Cheers,

Irenaeus

S

Sean_Reid

here's what I think I'll do for the next decade or so -- get the GR-D II, house it in the slick new soft cover with the small 28mm-only GV-2 viewfinder, use the GX-100 for 35mm-e and 50mm-e focal lengths..
scott
Hi Scott,

The above is exactly my preferred small sensor camera combination right now too.

Cheers,

Sean

S

Sean_Reid

Exactly. And, of course, 24 and 72 are also there in wings if needed.

MY1 can be set to 35 mm and MY2 to 50 mm.

Cheers,

Sean