The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

post your G10 Pictures please

bensonga

It seems like I only use my G10 for documenting events or trips. It's with me often, but it's not the camera I grab for "serious" photography. Looking at some of the images in this thread and a few of my own G10 images....I don't think I've given this camera enough credit, where credit is due.

Here are a few from my trip to the Red Bull MotoGP motorcycle races at Laguna Seca this summer. The G10 performed flawlessly, as always.

Gary

Winner of the electric motorcycle race. Those batteries sure remind me of the ink cartridges in my Epson printers.

donbga

Those are some nice captures Gary. I'm wondering what the G12 will bring us though I must say it better be pretty good if the G series really wants to survive the competition out there today.

Don

bensonga

Those are some nice captures Gary. I'm wondering what the G12 will bring us though I must say it better be pretty good if the G series really wants to survive the competition out there today.
Don
Thanks Don! I haven't followed the latest news on the G12, but if I wasn't already happy enough with the G10 and wanted to push it a little harder, I would have replaced it with a G11. I really like the flip out LCD screen and the lower megapixel sensor with presumably less noise etc....not that, for my purposes, the G10 has suffered in that respect.

I have a Panny G1 and love using it with interchangeable lenses, but for a more compact digital camera, the Canon G series suits me just fine....though I'm sure there must be other excellent cameras of a similar design from Nikon, Olympus etc.

Here's one more from the motorcycle races at Laguna Seca in July. This was another electric race bike (this one from the Oregon company, Brammo). They had a last minute technical problem with the bike and were unable to compete....disappointing for us all. Sure was fun to wander along Pit Lane and see all these cool race bikes. Except for the MotoGP bikes themselves...they were under wraps and heavy security.

otumay

Thanks Don! I haven't followed the latest news on the G12, but if I wasn't already happy enough with the G10 and wanted to push it a little harder, I would have replaced it with a G11. I really like the flip out LCD screen and the lower megapixel sensor with presumably less noise etc....not that, for my purposes, the G10 has suffered in that respect.

I have a Panny G1 and love using it with interchangeable lenses, but for a more compact digital camera, the Canon G series suits me just fine....though I'm sure there must be other excellent cameras of a similar design from Nikon, Olympus etc.

Here's one more from the motorcycle races at Laguna Seca in July. This was another electric race bike (this one from the Oregon company, Brammo). They had a last minute technical problem with the bike and were unable to compete....disappointing for us all. Sure was fun to wander along Pit Lane and see all these cool race bikes. Except for the MotoGP bikes themselves...they were under wraps and heavy security.

This is mighty impressive!

bensonga

Time for some more pics from the G10!

This is the camera I have with me during the week when the weather is cold in Alaska. Why? The G10 is small and unobtrusive when I bring it into the office (since I don't want to leave my camera in the car when the temps are well below freezing).

A few recent pics of airplanes here in Anchorage. I had to make a run to the airport post office this week and took the opportunity to check out the planes near Lake Hood.

Gary

donbga

Time to add a new pic from the G10. An 8 frame stitch. THe image quality of this stitch sort of blows me away. I could easily print a 20x24 from the file.

Don Bryant