The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

post your G10 Pictures please

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I needed a toy . I honestly have NOTHING besides my Phase system so running to the park or anything like that is a issue. I got this for hardly any money and have to say it is really nice. Sure not the pocket camera of the LX3 but it is very leica like with REAL dials and i can hold the thing. The biggy is i can process in C1 and even do some lens corrections like CA, Purple fringing and such. Huge plus here and when I get some high ISO shots i will certainly bury any of those darn jpeg tests out there for noise. I shoot Raw and only Raw. Yes it is a religion. LOL

Anyway 2 quick snaps today the flower is at 140mm at 5.6 and is not bad but the house which is mine actually is always a good test shot for DR and this held up very well. Obviously I have some playing to do

arashm

nice house..
but how do you shovel the snow with the soft ground?
:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

I'm glad your liking your G10
I agree, the G10 Files in C1 are great.

I've been wanting to shoot some new images, but have been tied to endless hours of post work so no shooting for me in the last few days.
enjoy the new toy
am

Guy Mancuso

Yea i had it up a little to far. My Phase is different so i will make a preset for the g10. Thanks for the heads up on yours.

httivals

If you want to see how good a G10 file can be, try processing the raw files in DXO. For the price, size, and functionality, it's an amazing camera, when you shoot RAW and process in DXO Optics.

Guy Mancuso

I have never tried DXO and always wanted too. Maybe I can download a demo and give it a go. Here good things about it too. Honestly for a 400 dollar camera the files look pretty dang good

arashm

Some night time images just for fun
all ISO 100 in C1-4 on Tripod
Long exposure at ISO 100 is actually pretty good as long as you expose to the right!

arashm

Just a snap shot, nothing special...

skin tones Iso 400 In C1-4

Rawfa, honestly I think it's not just canon but also C1 that deserves a lot of credit. I struggle to produce anything as good out of LR for example.
(I'm not trying to put down LR or any other SF... this is just my findings to my taste :)

Lars

Guy, please tell me in a few weeeks if you are still happy with your G10. I had a G9 last year but sold it after 2 months mostly because it was not wide enough. The G10 seems to be a better package overall with fewer weaknesses.

M

Michaela N.

The G10 images have a different image "IQ" setting or whatever one might call it.

My personal opinion is that none of these posted images are "nice" The noise at 400 I find ugly, the sharpening is to grainy, no real smooth images as sometimes shown here with other camera models.

This is personal opinion but whilst browsing through I can see why I sent mine back

Amin

Some great photos in this thread so far, my favorite being the very first one.

The G10 is a fantastic camera, IMO. With the G7, Canon merged the G series and the S series, and they have refined that combination with the G9, and now further with the G10.

The only issue I have with the G10 is the limited dynamic range, a necessary concession for the high resolution. It is workable, but in the end that was the issue that led me to sell mine.

Here's one of mine with the G10 that I may have posted before; can't remember:

N

nei1

Great photo Amin........As far as Im concerned DR is the most important trait of all..........Neil.

Amin

Thanks Neil! I sort of agree. When a compact doesn't have as much dynamic range, I tend to underexpose and push to avoid dramatic highlight clipping. Too much pushing, and the colors really suffer, not to mention the shadows.

My preference for image quality amongst current compacts goes DP1 > LX3/D-LUX 4 > everything else. However, both those cameras were too large to go everywhere in my pocket, so I ended up with an F200EXR :).

Last edited: