The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Reid Reviews Testimonial

7ian7

Others have made the point, but it bears repeating:

I have finally subscribed to Sean's site and it's great.

Sean is writing the kind of reviews — they read more like
camera-specific articles about photography — that those
who already own the gear on test can approach with equal
interest to those seriously researching future purchases.

Earlier this evening, I enjoyed his GX100 review, and I've
owned that camera since May.

S

Sean_Reid

Thanks very much. This morning is starting on a good note.

Cheers,

Sean

S

stu

As one who is looking to buy into the Ricoh G series I found the reviews excellent.

Last edited:

cam

i'll have to add my kudos as well. as someone who subscribed both before and after purchase, i find his reviews invaluable! both in making the decision beforehand and then in practical use after. i know of no other reviewer that i can say this about.

the only problem is i find myself lemming cameras that i can't quite afford right now. he has a way of eeking out the best of gear even whilst naming their shortcomings. i honestly have to say that i would have paid far more had i known what was in store. but, thank you, Sean, for keeping it at a rate i couldn't afford not to. you are one in a million!

S

Sean_Reid

Wow...and this is a great day way to wrap up the regular work day. Thanks for the feedback folks, it's great to know.

Cheers,

Sean

H

Hypnohare

Sean:

I just spend a few hours reading your reviews (on the D-Lux 2, D-Lux 3, GR and GR II). Because I am on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean, your Flash based pages take a bit of time (and extra expense :) to load on a Satellite connection. But, I must say that you do excellent work and your reviews are well worth the nominal cost and very enjoyable.

Also I was impressed by your essays, especially the one on the small sensor format. To my mind, you've helped crystallize the concept that small sensor cameras are not a substitute for another device, but a completely new photographic category. This is something that I've felt in my heart, but could not express into words. For the past few years I've been traveling with a tiny digital camera and as friends questioned me as to why I don't have a DSLR, I would just tell them that I refuse to carry a big camera. But in my heart I felt that the images that these mini cameras took, approximated the way I saw the world. To some extent I felt like the Italian photojournalist in Iraq, with the small sensor Olympus that you had mentioned (in your essay).

So, I thank you for making such a fine cogent argument for the utility and aesthetic importance of these compact tools.

I have more to write regarding your published reviews, but perhaps my comments are best served at another time and in another thread.

Hypnohare