The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Today in England it snowed

Will

And it's snowing even more now, most we've had for 18 years:)

DP1

GRD2

DP1

Last edited:
O

Oxide Blu

Way cool pix! I really like that big tree, the first pic.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the Club de neige (from Massachusetts where if we don't have a foot on the ground, there is something odd)
-bob

N

ntrolls

Went to college thinking it would clear by afternoon... they closed the Strand campus at 2pm :(

But nice photo opportunity!

Victoria Embankment

Old Street

Will

Thanks Oxide :)

ntrolls those shots are beautiful. I really like the one of tree and bench together.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
My personal choice between the two is the color version only due to the tone separation that the color version delivers on the foreground bush.
-bob

N

ntrolls

I would vote for the b&w version - it has a very tranquil charm. A nice image either way, that's for sure :)

ecliffordsmith

Hi Will/Ntrolls,

Very nice pictures. I think I remember the 18 years ago people are refering too. Caused quite sime chaos as I recall.

I hope you are enjoying the sights in place of trying to get around!

Will

Thanks Helen and Ed. I'm beginning to back into the DP1 again.

A few from today. Schools are closed so there is fun to be had.

Moles have been digging in the night.

Some people still have to work

Wife and daughter heading home.

pollobarca

Yes,
snowed here too (lombardy). Seems it will again in a few days. Sent some pix i took to my daughter in Canada- she said we dont know what snow is..
Will- prefer your first colour pic, love the ducks and the pic of your loved ones abandoning the photographer.

ecliffordsmith

Hi Will,

I am not sure if I have asked this before but is this Danbury? Looks like Griffin hill and the lakes at Danbury park.

jonoslack

Hi Will
Lovely shots
We had several inches of snow yesterday lunchtime with more forecast . . . . then it rained and rained . . . then it froze. Today is sunny with treacherous roads . . . but not snow:cry::cry::cry:

Will

Hi Will
Lovely shots
We had several inches of snow yesterday lunchtime with more forecast . . . . then it rained and rained . . . then it froze. Today is sunny with treacherous roads . . . but not snow:cry::cry::cry:
Thanks Jono.
Sorry to hear you lost your snow. We still have several inches of it everywhere!