The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First shots from F60fd

Lili

Wide open; f2.8 4 seconds at ISO 100 on a very windy night
Straight jpeg (for a treat look closely in the bed of the truck in the lower right; I missed this till I uploaded it)

F5.6 1/280sec, ISO 100 run through Silkypix
Both at 35mm-e

Last edited:

Tim

How do you find the handling of the camera Lili? How about the OS/menus navigation?

Lili

Not nearly as slick as the two dial GRD Tim.
But its far tinier and fills a different niche.
I am used to the UI since I owned a F31 for a time.
Actually it is improved somewhat over that camera, some options (quality for ex.) are no longer deeply buried but can be accessed at the push of a button.
Actually for a super compact it is VERY well thought out and effective.

Lili

To show just how tiny the F60fd is
Front view

Back view

Overhead shot

As you see Fujichan is a tiny thing next to Ricoh-Sama.
But the F60 screen is HUGE
Both cameras constitute no real burden to carry and they compliment one another nicely

kweide

Thanx Lili, this is Klaus answering. I just threw Kurt out of the window...so he is not in here LOL :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Lili

Here is the night shot, sharpened a bit, contrast and color tweaked in Silkypix

ecliffordsmith

Hi Lili,

Seems like a very nice camera. I find it hard to keep up with all the cameras that seem to be available these days!

Lili

Ed, it is actually much nicer than various forums had led me to believe. It is the real sucessor to the fabled f30/31's, having aperture and shutter preferred modes as well as a similar lens. The sensor is actually just a hair bigger than theirs and, IIRC, it has the largest sensor of all the super small digicams. The hi ISO, while not quite up to that of the F31, is still leagues better than any other super tiny cams. And the IQ at low ISO is remarkably good as well.
I got it because it was so small and on sale. After having used it a bit I feel it is very unfairly under rated. It is a wonderful companion for those times when size and weight matter most without compromising IQ.
On a side note I was looking through my flickr and it seems of my 10 most popular images there 6 were shot on fuji's (S6000 and F31) FWIW!

ecliffordsmith

Lili,

Thanks for the information. This could right up my better halfs street. Often the better small sensor cameras are not truly pocketable. This one seems to be though!

Lili

Lili,

Thanks for the information. This could right up my better halfs street. Often the better small sensor cameras are not truly pocketable. This one seems to be though!
It is pocketable indeed. One caveat, the battery life, while not so bad as some reviews would have it is around 300 shots or so. Gladly the external charging station is fast enough, just over 2 hours from flat.
I ordered a spare battery as well, just as I have already for my GRD.

Lili

Another straight jpeg, no exp compensation either.

ISO 200 1/80 f4.5
Sorry for all the indoor shots, stuck at home this weekend with bad cold :(

Lili

Thank you Ed :)
She is a rescued stray kitty, we are glad she came into our lives and she loves it here (esp in lap)
I much better today, been sleeping on and off since 8pm friday, now for soup and tea.....

DavidE

Lili, that's a great cat shot. The F60fd is definitely a keeper (along with the cat). Very impressive for a camera that's being marketed as a point-and-shoot.

Last edited:

cam

Uhhhh, that´s small. Can you post a picture with lens fully extended ???
you're being such a boy!!!

but, i must agree. anything that makes the GRD look huge is truly teeny.

and the shots, Lili, wow! i think you done good :D