The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some Recent Shots With a GRDII

Rick Waldroup

This is my first time to post some photos here, so any suggestions or comments are certainly welcome.

This is from a new, on-going project I am working on titled, Riding the Rails. You can see all of the photos here http://www.pbase.com/rickwphotography/ridingtherails

Most of the photography for this project is being done with the Ricoh. However, some of the photos were also shot with a Lumix L1 with the Leica 14-50 zoom. The photos below were all shot with the Ricoh.

Akard Street Rail Station - Dallas - November 10, 2008

Morning Paper - Union Station, Dallas - December 17, 2008

Waiting In the Rain - Union Station, Dallas - December 17, 2008

Waiting For the Blue Line - Dallas - January 12, 2009

Plano Rail Station - Plano, Texas - February 4, 2009

Rick Waldroup

Thanks, Will.

I purchased my GRDII back in late August of last year and I have really enjoyed using the camera. I have found it to be a great little street shooter.

W

wbrandsma

Welcome Rick. That fourth photograph is just stunning. I saw it too on RFF, but we sure do appreciate good photography here.

Rick Waldroup

Thanks for the comments, Wouter and Lili.

So, Wouter, you are on RFF, too? It seems that I am coming across old friends everywhere on here. Hey, I added a link to your wordpress blog on my blog. You have a nice site. :thumbup:

Lili, I have lived all over the metroplex but I currently live in Granbury which is about 35 miles southwest of Ft. Worth. I come into town about 2-3 times a month and ride the commuter trains, hence this new project. Lili, I also added a link to your flickr site on my blog. You have some really nice shots there.

J

JCdeR

Rick,

I see that you managed to get a shot of the 2 former ZZ-Top guys (shot 4) ... boy have they aged :)

Nice images btw.

Rick Waldroup

Rick,

I see that you managed to get a shot of the 2 former ZZ-Top guys (shot 4) ... boy have they aged :)

Nice images btw.
Now, that is funny. :thumbup:

I tell you, you are not too far off. Have you seen a photo of those guys, lately? They are really starting to get up there in age. :eek:

Thanks for the comments.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Rick,
They're all good...but that 1st one is a real sleeper......one might miss it if not really studying it.......
shooter

V

VladimirV

Nice pictures, agree with the others that number 1 is very good.

Lili

So, Wouter, you are on RFF, too? It seems that I am coming across old friends everywhere on here. Hey, I added a link to your wordpress blog on my blog. You have a nice site. :thumbup:

Lili, I have lived all over the metroplex but I currently live in Granbury which is about 35 miles southwest of Ft. Worth. I come into town about 2-3 times a month and ride the commuter trains, hence this new project. Lili, I also added a link to your flickr site on my blog. You have some really nice shots there.
Dejo Vous! I used to live in Benbrook, not too terribly far from Granbury. Now I live not too far from downtown Dallas. And you are more than welcome to add my flickr to your blog; and than you for the compliments *blush*
Sigh
I need to start a real blog as opposed to my LJ....

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

I am a member of RFF, but since this forum is one of the best I am hardly active on other forums. There is no better place for compact cameras then GetDPI.

And I added your blog to my blogroll too :thumbs:

Rick Waldroup

Thanks Don and Vladimir for the kind words.

About blogging. When I first started blogging, I hated it. It seemed to be a chore to keep up with it, plus I am not the best writer in the world. But I kept at it and now it is a bit more fun than it used to be. And it is a great way to meet new friends.

Lili, it is a small world, isn't it? If you lived in Benbrook then you were just a few miles away from where I live now.:toocool: