The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dramatic Sky

DavidE

When I'm bored with work, I tend to glance out the window. Sometimes the sky is so interesting, I have to grab my DP1 for a quick photo. This is from today.

ISO 100, f/8, 1/320 second

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

DavidE

Here's one with the background clouds in a different position. My daughter prefers the first one, but I think I like this one better.

ISO 100, f/8, 1/250 second

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

iiiNelson

I think they are both god. The first is better IMO in the grand sense of scale. The second has a bit more artistic feel to it IMO. It's almost as if the clouds are snaking amongst the path of the trees.

ecliffordsmith

Hi David,

Very nice. Again, I prefer the first. Probably due to the greater concentration of light in the centre. Lovely tones in both though.

DavidE

Thanks, HiredArm, Ed, and Klaus.

I must be easily influenced -- now I favor the first one. I like that the curve of white clouds mimics the wooded terrain below. That's the cool thing about clouds on a windy day. You can snap away, and each image will be slightly different.