The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

apropos

gallery7

so here's a little story...

my lovely wife plans me a day. a whole day away from the bills, kids, blackberry rattling away. immediately it's a great story.

but i gets better. the day is spent wandering the streets with a camera and a belly full of dim sum. my wife, bless her heart brings along her camera in order to share a passion of mine. it his her absolute FIRST attempt at street photography. she is quite pleased with taking pictures of all the wee folk running (and crawling) about our house (and i am often envious).

pardon the links but they are well worth the look,

http://not.contaxg.com/document.php?id=23832&full=1

http://not.contaxg.com/document.php?id=23831&full=1

http://not.contaxg.com/document.php?id=23830&full=1

so off she goes. shooting away with a smile on her face. well i was totally shocked when i saw the results! SHOCKED! for the first time... well, i'll let the images speak for themselves. sure one could argue beginners luck but there more. probably another 5-6 frames of excellent work! i'll post it as times allows.

all the images were taken on a canon g5.

here comes someone with a generations old point and shoot. oblivious to the world of leica's, $3000 cameras, long winded arguments about which version of the 35mm 'cron has better bokeh (she doesn't even know what bokeh is). with vision and a camera, any camera... she produces images that i think are TOP FLIGHT!

perfect!

thoughts?

V

VladimirV

Thoughts are that the camera does not matter at all if you have a good eye and are a good observer.
Also women get away with a lot more than men at street photography, people are nicer to them and don't feel threatened when a woman takes a picture as opposed to a guy taking the same picture.

And last but not least, these are some great pictures there and you shoudl encourage her to come along with you more often if you don't mind the competition ;) .

Lili

wow as has been said, the eye, heart and mind matter more than any camera
hers are awesome

kweide

Excellent work. You can be proud on her !
It is not the cam it is the eye behind!
It is NOT the scene but to be in the scene, be part of it.
She did everything right !!

You should go out with her for candle light dinner , donate a bunch of flower, encourage her.....give her kisses....

But take your cam with you and shoot and i promise you will get fantastic shots as well !

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Ya know the funny thing is...is that it's harder to get a good SUBJECTIVE image of family....so if she's doing that, I'm not surprised at her vision, which by the way is very good.
Remember also that she sees your work, etc, and that can lead to a very strong visual
foundation.....

I have students over tonight and I want to show them her work......
if it's ok with her/you....
shooter

gallery7

of course my friend... let me know if you want files sent over!

i will try and post the other images around dinner time (on non contax g).

cheers
john