The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with RX100M4

Brian Mosley

Same image from 9 shot HDR merge processed via PhotoAcute, tone mapping in Lightzone, scaling in Qimage...

DSC03293-DSC03301_PAlz.jpg

Kind regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

Very over cast this morning... still practicing my PP with 9 shot HDR bracketing, PhotoAcute to combine the raw images, Lightzone for tonemapping.

DSC03581-DSC03589_PAlz.jpg

Kind regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

It's difficult to believe this level of detail and dynamic range is possible from a pocket camera... using 9 shot hdr processed from raw using Capture One Pro 8.3.3 -> PhotoAcute -> Lightzone -> Qimage Pro

{Q}DSC03644-DSC03652_PA.jpg

Kind regards

Brian

Lucille

my Rx100 mIII is closer to the M4 then the original Rx100. So I think I will bully my way onto this thread.

From a paid photoshoot (Yes, one can do paid Pro jobs with this tiny machine) here is one image, many of the images from this set were used to print large posters and banners, and the Rx100 mIII held up nicely.

2 Photographers were hired, me and another whom had the big DSLR, large lenses, the 'Pro' look. I saw this, and I had my bag of goodies, I reached in looked around at my A7S, A7, Sony Rx1, and I grabbed the tiny Rx100, to the shock of the one whom hired us and the smirk of the other photographer.

Then the HepKitty blew em away.

Brian Mosley

This is terrific, can you share a little about your workflow? Is this shot handheld?

Thanks for sharing - have you tried the mk IV yet? This is my first RX100, and I was attracted by the possibility of 16fps / electronic shutter + advanced bracketing controls for handheld hdr bursts.

Kind regards

Brian

Lucille

This is terrific, can you share a little about your workflow? Is this shot handheld?

Thanks for sharing - have you tried the mk IV yet? This is my first RX100, and I was attracted by the possibility of 16fps / electronic shutter + advanced bracketing controls for handheld hdr bursts.

Kind regards

Brian

Yes sir this is hand held. Not much to share, I always tend to underexpose my shots, then bring them up in post and add contrast. I have not tried the mk IV, I used to own the original Rx100 but gave it to my son. Not enough upgrades for me to jump from the MIII to the IV though I believe with the latter you can get a faster shutter speed.