The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 & Voigtlander 28mm Finder

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
The finder arrived today.
To start, I placed the finder in the hot shoe..it was a loose fit...
no sweat...I put a piece of lcd screen protector on the bottom and it went on with a forceful push......it ain't fallin' off.....I'd weld it if I could...
anyway...

at last, I can see...dark, bright light...I can see....
I put the DP1 on a tripod...leveled it and started to view the screen and then the finder to get an idea of what it's seeing...much to my
suprise.....it's about 98% accurate....even the close up line was right on.....

what a gift.......works great and I am very comfortable with my new eye....
shooter

p.s. by the way..if some one needs the Sigma finder...it's mint and I'll let it go cheap.....but ya really have to need it....
don

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Rick,
The Sigma takes in about 115% of the scene...That's ok if ya crop...I don't.

The sigma is bright enough but the frame lines were very hard for me to see, in bright or low light...I was fighting all the time to see my frame.

Problem solved....oh, I tried using a few of my Leica finders but they are way to big....
don

fordfanjpn

The finder arrived today.
To start, I placed the finder in the hot shoe..it was a loose fit...
no sweat...I put a piece of lcd screen protector on the bottom and it went on with a forceful push......it ain't fallin' off.....I'd weld it if I could...
I have the same problem with mine. I don't think it will fall off, but it does make me a bit nervous. I'll have to try your idea for a tighter fit. Thanks.

Bill

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Bill, I was out all day...I even played photographer, ya know with the camera around my neck on a strap.....anywayz....the finder never even moved a bit......
I cut the screen protector to the size of the base plate...then the sticky side on the base of the finder....slide it in and eureka..........

One great setup.......I almost feel like going back to the press corp.....

nah......

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
John,
Your are soooo right......I figure I'd leave that great life for you younger shooters..

Us older shooters are all shot out......