The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It's all your fault!

Rawfa

I have just visited Fujis' website and it was not very clear to me if it has a shutter priority mode and/or a full manual control mode. It was only clear that is has an aperture priority mode.

Rawfa

Just downloaded the manual. It does have a full manual mode but it doesn't have a shutter mode....

arashm

fordfanjpn
quick question for you.
since you have the camera at hand, can you please let us know if the tripod mount screw area is plastic or metal.
The plastic mount on my back then when F10 was the first thing to go on that camera....
Thank you in advance!
am

fordfanjpn

fordfanjpn
quick question for you.
since you have the camera at hand, can you please let us know if the tripod mount screw area is plastic or metal.
The plastic mount on my back then when F10 was the first thing to go on that camera....
Thank you in advance!
am
As far as I can tell, it seems to be plastic.

Bill

Lili

I am gonna have to get one. My F60 has reminded just how good the little Fuji's can be and this one looks set to continue the tradition! Fordfnjpn, thanks for posting this!

fordfanjpn

I am gonna have to get one. My F60 has reminded just how good the little Fuji's can be and this one looks set to continue the tradition! Fordfnjpn, thanks for posting this!
I'll try to post some real pics as soon as I can. But right now it's raining here, and tomorrow I have an appointment at the hospital for some tests. It should be a nice day tomorrow though, so I'll try to get out and get some shots with this camera.

In the meantime, I don't know if this really shows anything, but I tried some noise reduction (Dfine 2) on one of the low-light ISO 1600 shots. Here's a before and after comparison at 100% (screen capture in PS). I just let the noise reduction go crazy, but I imagine that a more subtle application could produce some nice results.

Bill

Last edited:

fordfanjpn

B&W conversion

I promise this is the last time I'll post one of these boring test shots, but I did want to see how a 1600 shot looks when converted to B&W in Silver Efex Pro. I'm not sure if I like the look of the noise, but this is probably not the best image to base that on.

Bill

Last edited:

cam

Bill -- no apologies necessary! i am amused greatly by the writing on the nasal spray that i don't understand and your tea mug is just classic!

seriously, feel better... colds suck!

fordfanjpn

Thanks for the update!
I wish it was metal :thumbdown: :mad:
am
Sorry about that. I'll primarily use this as a pocket camera, so it probably won't spend much time on a tripod. Still, it's nice to know that that is a weak point, and I'll be sure to be careful when I do mount it on a tripod. Thanks for the tip.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Bill -- no apologies necessary! i am amused greatly by the writing on the nasal spray that i don't understand and your tea mug is just classic!

seriously, feel better... colds suck!
Thanks a lot. I'm afraid my cold has morphed into bronchitis, and it doesn't seem to want to go away. I've been coughing for almost a month now, and it is really wearing me out.

Glad you enjoyed the nasal spray! I seem to go through a lot of that when we get into the pollen season. The tea mug was a freebie from 7-11. We actually have a whole set of cups and plates. Free is good! :thumbs:

Bill

Lili

Thanks a lot. I'm afraid my cold has morphed into bronchitis, and it doesn't seem to want to go away. I've been coughing for almost a month now, and it is really wearing me out.

Glad you enjoyed the nasal spray! I seem to go through a lot of that when we get into the pollen season. The tea mug was a freebie from 7-11. We actually have a whole set of cups and plates. Free is good! :thumbs:

Bill
Bill, do take care of yourself, I am just now getting over a very bad chest thing/bronchitis/pneumonia so I know how tiring it is :(

arashm

fordfanjpn
Yes unfortunately after a handful of times mounting my F10 on a tripod, the tripod mount stripped, I have no idea why Fuji is the only company (that I know of) whom insist on making this part out of plastic. :(
Non the less this looks like a very interesting little point and shoot.
I hope you feel better soon.
am

mazor

Hey, since this new camera is low light does 6MP images, it would be interesting to compare against the classic F31Fd or F31 which had maximum resolution 6mp and was the low light champion of its time for point and shoot compacts.

Mazor

fordfanjpn

Bill, do take care of yourself, I am just now getting over a very bad chest thing/bronchitis/pneumonia so I know how tiring it is :(
Thanks Lili, I appreciate the sentiment, and I hope you are feeling better now. Hopefully it's true when they say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Bill

fordfanjpn

fordfanjpn
Yes unfortunately after a handful of times mounting my F10 on a tripod, the tripod mount stripped, I have no idea why Fuji is the only company (that I know of) whom insist on making this part out of plastic. :(
Non the less this looks like a very interesting little point and shoot.
I hope you feel better soon.
am
Sorry to hear that. Now I'll definitely take care when mounting the camera on a tripod. Thanks.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Hey, since this new camera is low light does 6MP images, it would be interesting to compare against the classic F31Fd or F31 which had maximum resolution 6mp and was the low light champion of its time for point and shoot compacts.

Mazor
This is my first and only Fuji, but I have a friend who has 3 or 4 "vintage" Fuji P&S cameras, so I'll check and see what he has. If he has an F31, I'll see if I can borrow it for a comparison.

Bill

Rawfa

Not bad at all. Those iso 1600 look very printable, and the iso 800 looks like what most compacts look like at iso 200. Very cool. This camera is very quickly gaining points in my book. With it being available in Japan we can expect to start seeing more photos around flickr.