The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cameraphones

N

nei1

beautiful day here today.im not too up on these things but for a phone the digital range seems reasonable,no?

Last edited:

mazor

this is one I took with my smart phone N93. as it is a smart phone I used internal editors to tweak the colors :)

Mazor

Lili

Neil, love the shot and the Icon!
Mazor, love the shot
Here's one from my G1 Google Phone

N

nei1

Cam,its a Samsung SGHf480,massive delay though from pressing the shutter to it taking the picture.Helen,thanks,glad you like them both,Lili,thanks to you too,looks as though your phone performs really well,.............Neil.

Lili

Neil, thanks, it does ok but has zero options, I cannot even silence the shutter unless I silence the phone! Also, the filter covering the lens is flush with the back and has no other cover, vulnerable to scratches, fingerprints and all that :(

mazor

wow, the google phone does not bad! very sharp image. Was the image post processed on a pc Lili?

With regards to silencing the shutter. At least when you do set the phone to silent it silences the shutter sounds, but for some, even this does not silence the shutter.

that is one good thing about the nokia N93. It has a dedicated lens cap that covers the optics. But in saying that there is secondary protection like you googlephone whereby there i a glass filter in front of the actual lens.

Also with a dedicated lens cap there is a higher chance if losing the lens cap lol

Mazor

Lili

wow, the google phone does not bad! very sharp image. Was the image post processed on a pc Lili?

With regards to silencing the shutter. At least when you do set the phone to silent it silences the shutter sounds, but for some, even this does not silence the shutter.

that is one good thing about the nokia N93. It has a dedicated lens cap that covers the optics. But in saying that there is secondary protection like you googlephone whereby there i a glass filter in front of the actual lens.

Also with a dedicated lens cap there is a higher chance if losing the lens cap lol

Mazor

Mazor, there are no image controls on the G1, so every image is in color. I post processed in Silkypix, removing color, bumping contrast up a tiny bit (shooting through a windshield one loses some sparkle). Thank you though, the camera phone is demanding, there is a long shutter lag so one must hold perfectly still till the image on the lcd clears :(

Lili

Rafa,
Well Played, lovely colors! Its amazing how far phones have come! T-Mobile is introducing a 8mp cameraphone from Samsung.
Drool......

mazor

Nice rawfa, very smooth colors indeed. N95 definitely has got something going here with CZ optics and coatings on lens.

MAzor

cam

Rafa,
T-Mobile is introducing a 8mp cameraphone from Samsung.
Drool......
this thread is quite fun and informative. need to update my U.S. phone (which i rarely use) so i might as well get one with the coolest camera :p

Rawfa

Thanks, guys. I have to say I've never imagined a cell phone could go this far. I'm not planing to replace my cameras anytime soon, but it's nice to know what you have in an emergency.

Rawfa

I've read somewhere that sony (?) was coming up with a phone that could shoot hd movies. It's amazing how fast things evolve these days. These are good days to be a nerd ;)

Rawfa

To be honest mine has all these things but I rarely use them all. I do use video a lot when I'm traveling though.