The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LX3 Processing

arashm

I too would love to know the answer to this question.
the D-Lux4 is to rich for my blood and I already own 2 paid licenses for C1
Guy, are you in the same boat?
I like LR as a program (layout, tools ....) but the actual conversions just don't do it for *me* compared to C1...
Part of the reason why I have the G10 for the time being.
am

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
The problem is that Adobe still has not updated the DNG converter. The current one works but makes a very large file due to the lens corrections etc. I used DNG and imported to LR but was very unhappy...without the promise of a new version, I sold the camera.
Do either of you have SSP? I'd be glad to try my files thru that and see what happens.
Silky Pix actually does a decent job but is not intuitive.....

Sorry I don't use C1 and your question on the surface seems to be about that but I read it as any program that will process the files in the best way....

Let me know if I can help...don

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I too would love to know the answer to this question.
the D-Lux4 is to rich for my blood and I already own 2 paid licenses for C1
Guy, are you in the same boat?
I like LR as a program (layout, tools ....) but the actual conversions just don't do it for *me* compared to C1...
Part of the reason why I have the G10 for the time being.
am
Exactly and reason I was thinking G10. I want C1 as my processing engine

arashm

Thanks Streetshooter
I will look into it, I actually like Raw Developer as well, but my first choice is C1.
am

cam

ummmmmmm... if you read down on this thread or some other one (sorry, don't have the camera but know people have done it), it can be done with a little leg work.

shame on you, Guy, for not springing for the red dot! they should disinvite you to the S2 special screening (or at least give me that red M8.2 :p )

Michael S

Cam (immediately above) is correct as to the thread. Then scroll down to the post by exdeejjjaaaa.

I don't have the camera, nor C1 for that matter, so I cannot comment on the accuracy of the recommendations.

Tim

Question of the day . Can you make these files into something that C1 can see and work with.
Guy,

I bought a LX3 and was also a bit sad to find that the bundled Silkypix version only opens LX3 RAW (RW2?) files. It wont open DNGs even. I was hoping to use it for my GRDII files but alas its not allowed. :(

So its a bit sad both ways. :cry:

charlesphoto

Im about to take the Capture one Pro plunge and was concerned about this too.

Looks like ExifTool now supports RW2 files so might just be a matter of changing the Exif to D-Lux4. Will try this later and report back. Would be cool.