The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Isn't this new Samsung TL320 beautiful?

I

ionianblues

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0902/09022303samsungtl320hz15.asp

Hi all,
I haven't heard anything in the past about Samsung compacts for being better than others in image quality or features, but todays new announcement seems interesting to me:

24-120mm lens,
full manual control (exposure and focus),
960000 dots 3'' amoled screen,
raw,
and specially those available memory and battery charge analog indicators on top, aren't they beautiful? :)

Ok, the sensor is small and has 12 megapixel...

But to me the design of the camera looks nice.
I held another Samsung compact on a shop some months ago and I was impressed at how well made it seemed, looking more durable and better constructed than most compacts.

I'm interested on good cameras, but I also like a camera to be beautiful...
What do you think?

Excuse my not so good english :)

arashm

It reminds me of the Nikon 35ti and 28ti point and shoots that used to have the gauge on top.
Looks great, I wonder what the IQ is like and if C1 can support the Raw format.

D

digitri

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0902/09022303samsungtl320hz15.asp

Hi all,
I haven't heard anything in the past about Samsung compacts for being better than others in image quality or features, but todays new announcement seems interesting to me:

24-120mm lens,
full manual control (exposure and focus),
960000 dots 3'' amoled screen,
raw,
and specially those available memory and battery charge analog indicators on top, aren't they beautiful? :)

Ok, the sensor is small and has 12 megapixel...

But to me the design of the camera looks nice.
I held another Samsung compact on a shop some months ago and I was impressed at how well made it seemed, looking more durable and better constructed than most compacts.

I'm interested on good cameras, but I also like a camera to be beautiful...
What do you think?

Excuse my not so good english :)
Well the 960000 dots turned to be wrong, it's actually 'only' 460000, which is still not bad at all. Champion of P&S screen resolution will be the recently announced Ricoh CX1, with a whooping 920000. Nice!

Back to this Sammy tl320 now, one serious drawback is the lens being very slow on the tele end, namely f7.3, which I think is a record. Another worry I have is Samsung's notoriously heavy handed in-camera image processing. But we'll have to wait and see about this one, plus this camera does have raw(!)

I do agree with you that it is a good looking shooter!