The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 at PMA?

cam

thank you for pointing that out, Simon. i have always said, and always will, that i am in complete awe of the images this camera is capable of. i prefer them to the 4/3 format (including, obviously, micro 4/3) and even many DSLR's. to me, it's that good!

for a lot of people, especially those partial to a 28mm and shooting outdoors, what the DP1 is capable of is perfectly adequate if you have the patience. the RAW files are extremely flexible and you can bring out amazing shadow detail from seeming utter darkness in SPP. the only hit you take, really, is less saturated colours -- which doesn't bother me as i think the b/w is beautiful and the noise/grain quite pleasing.

(when you consider the fact that i am doing a lot of work at 1600 with an f/1.4 lens, you can see why i was so frustrated with the above. it's only now that i have an f/1 that i can bring it back down to 400/800.)

cam

Hi Cam,

I would very much like your first frankenstein camera. Do you have a release date please?
LOL, Ed! i wish!

i almost spit out my coffee on the keyboard this morning when i read an e about them releasing a new R-D1. if it was from anyone but Wouter, i would have said it was bullsh*t.... alas, after reading up on it, they didn't incorporate my ideas :(

Will

Has anyone else noticed that the DP1 screen seems to work better when viewed in portrait rather than landscape? I've also discovered that it shows a more accurate representation of captured image exposure when held above eye line or used upside down so it is also viewed with the eye to screen angle you would have holding it above eye line. ! Well my DP1 does anyway. maybe it was from a batch intended for Australia?

Lili

I would simply settle for a foevon sensor in a Hexar AF body.
With either an OVF or a very high quality EVF.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Will, I have noticed that the screen is brighter when not viewed straight on...I don't use it except to change settings but at a 45* angle..it's very clear...I think they had to much Vodka when the put the screen on the camera....

Will

Will, I have noticed that the screen is brighter when not viewed straight on...I don't use it except to change settings but at a 45* angle..it's very clear...I think they had to much Vodka when the put the screen on the camera....
lol They designed it so that it is worst when at the most commonly used angle of view!