The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

2 ISO 800 shots F60fd

Lili

On DPReview the F60/50 gets short shrift, esp with the new camera coming out.
I am very pleased with mine however.

both are jpegs straight from camera....

Rawfa

Thanks, Lili. The second image is just perfect having in mind it's iso 800.
The first image shows some blurring and noise but it's totally passable.

ecliffordsmith

Hi Lili,

They look pretty good to me.

I sometimes wonder about DPReview to be honest. They seem to be pretty fixed about what they want and obsessed with noise. They have not, or not yet reviewed the GRD2 so I am not sure who their target audience really is these days.

Tim

Thanks for posting these Lili, for ISO800 out of a very compact digicam I think these are quite good. The noise in the dark areas of second image while there is still quite controlled IMHO. Would the F31 really do a better job that this? :confused::confused:

One thing to help put some of this into perspective is I wonder how ISO 800 film would fare these days in comparison? Seems we've come a fair way in technology.

Lili

Thanks so much Tim, Ed, Rawfa.
The underpass shot is at 1/5sec at f2.8, handheld. IS helped a bit there it was rather dark.
The F60, in particular, has gotten trashed at DPReviews forum, they belabor it as a waste of time clone of the F50. The few revieews I have found agree with my experience. The metering is excellent even over the f50; one does not have to apply exp comp at for the most part and still avoid blown highlights.
It would be nice to have a 28mm-e lens on this but sadly it does not. That is the provenance of the F100/200.
But for the money, and the form factor, this little camera rocks!