The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1s' digital zoom?

Rawfa

Did anyone ever try the DP1s' digital zoom to check out how bad does the image deteriorates? I've been looking around the web and I could not find anything.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Simon....dead on right.....

Rafa...I thought you sold yer DP1...what's up...?

geeze...just noticed...I'm a senior member...well, I don't have ta be reminded of it.....shhhhsh

Rawfa

Yes, you're right. I did sell my DP1 AND my LX3 to get a Nikon D90. It turns out I'm a compact lover. Although the quality was mind blowing I hated the experience of taking having to take a bag just for the camera it self. My trips are very intensive and it really wouldn't work for me. Another thing that didn't agree with me was the fact that everyone seems very self-conscient when you point a big SLR camera towards them. I take a lot of spontaneous street photos and I just love to pull a small compact out of my pocket and shoot whenever I want. My new motto is "if it doesn't fit on my pocket it's not for me" (there might be an exception for the new Oly m4/3rds though ;-)

Last edited:

Rawfa

I think conventional wisdom is to do cropping from your PP program rather than in-camera.

Cheers,
So, basically what you are saying is that you will end up with a smaller photo? Or does the camera crop the image and then upscales it to maintain the same size (hence generating IQ deterioration)?

Last edited: