The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 Advertisement in Australia

W

wbrandsma

They had a lot of rain in Australia recently. But maybe within 5 days at the PMA. Some competition for Ricoh is not bad at all.

W

wbrandsma

Both cameras are out of reach for me. One is still not there and the other is a bit pricey :cry:

7ian7

.... yes, or a digital Canonet, or Hexar (bigger but cheaper, relatively). Still, that DP1 is sure to generate a bit of a wave.

S

stnami

Australian prices for photo goods are excessively high,,,vanbaar are also higher than most and their cattle dogs are unreliable full of stuff that doesn't exist ....
Aus prices eg Canon HV-20...buy in US and pay delivery AU$812 ........ buy in Aus try about AU$1599
..............so pay no head to the prices or its existence

cam

last night i dreamed about doing selective curves in Photoshop. tonight i'll dream of the DP1. sheesh! can't a girl get any sleep around here? ;)

Maggie O

If it's even half of what it promises to be, I'll be sorely tempted to get one. It might even make me forget about the Ricoh.

But it won't really be a small sensor camera, will it?

Terry

Interesting indeed.

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere before, but why does it have W and T buttons at the back if it's a fixed lens? I'm referring to the prototype pics from DPR: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0703/07030807sigmadp1.asp
Because with a large sensor to deal with there was room to use a digital zoom without having a big impact on image quality (yes you could crop after the fact). I think I read this in info put out by Sigma.

V

VladimirV

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere before, but why does it have W and T buttons at the back if it's a fixed lens?
Guess it's the same as for the GRD where you can use them for the digital zoom and hopefully (same as the GRD again) you can use them for EV compensation.

The DP1 is an interesting concept and I am looking forward to try it out. Don't think it will really replace my GRD but could be interesting to complement it for certain shots where the extra quality would be good.

kai.e.g.

I think pocketability could be an issue; it's over 50mm thick, according to the specs. The Height & Width are just 1mm larger in each direction compared to the GX-100... but the thickness could be a worry... it's about as thick as my SLR.