The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

poppies

Terry

Beautiful work both on capturing the light and then processing,

Last edited:
Wayne, again you´ve got a new toy, and start out really exploring its possibilities. These are lovely! And B/W spares us the often garish orange-on-emerald that this species often gives (they´re beautiful in real life...).

I´m really longing for the flowers here (we´ll have another month or so of grey, dirty sleet and bare earth first...).

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Nice.....
Wayne, could you explain the use of the close up lens.

f stop correction etc.....
I'm just loven the DP1 more and more.....

thanks.....Don

Rick Waldroup

These are really lovely. There is a certain sensual feel to them. The contrasting blacks and whites in the image add a real sense of mystery, in a way. Nice work.

smokysun

thanks for the kind comments.

per, i hope your weather clears sooner than that. i do remember cycling in sweden, some pretty wet days even in summer

don,
i'm a bumbler when it comes to this technical stuff. these shot at f9, 200, 50 iso. it was very bright out. i didn't have a shade fitting the 46. i do recommend buying step-up rings, 46-52 and 46-58. i got mine on ebay. lensmate also has some:

http://www.lensmateonline.com/newsite/SigmaDP1.html

this page has some very interesting dp1 tips. i just received the special grip and i think it is going to help. tempted by the nikon wide-angle, 100 dollars on amazon. a collapsable rubber hood 52 or 58 would really cut the glare.
the sigma close-up very good. i wonder what two would do. i've added some 58's and gotten much closer. the sigma doesn't get you real close by itself.

best of luck,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. i'm certainly getting pulled toward b&w with this camera.

pss. ah, here's some lensmate macro advice:

http://lensmateonline.com/newsite/SigmaDP1macro.html

Last edited:

Rawfa

Does anyone know some where else where this adapter can be bought? I've been doing some tests with the DP1 and a 52mm close up kit I have and I'm very interested in the adapter now...but the store won't take paypal. I'm also looking forward to using the adapter to test IR with the DP1 :)

fordfanjpn

Does anyone know some where else where this adapter can be bought? I've been doing some tests with the DP1 and a 52mm close up kit I have and I'm very interested in the adapter now...but the store won't take paypal. I'm also looking forward to using the adapter to test IR with the DP1 :)
You can use the Sigma adapter and a step-up ring from 46 to 52. That's what I use. Both the adapter and the ring are quite inexpensive and should be easy to find. If you can't find them locally, PM me.

Bill

fordfanjpn

lensmate has their own version of the adapter with a 52 mm. this way you don't have to use the step-up. also they have collapsible rubber hoods.

http://www.lensmateonline.com/newsite/SigmaDP1.html

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp
I know, but it is more expensive than the Sigma adapter and the shipping outside the US is more than the price of the adapter. So you end up paying more than $50 for the Lensmate adapter, while the Sigma one sells here for about $15. And since I use multiple adapters (one for walking around with a UV filter, and a couple with different macro lenses attached), that starts to really add up. But if I could get the Lensmate adapters here for a reasonable price, I'd probably do so.

Bill