The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D-lux 4 Portrait

stevem8

Saw my niece today and she saw I had my Dlux 4 with me. She asked me to take a face shot so I snapped one off. This is the JPEG, resized, levels adjusted and some color tweaks. ISO 500

stevem8

BTW, I know the BG is distracting but this was just a snapshot. As I was heading out the door she said "take my pic!" - I turned and snapped. That is what I like about the D-lux 4. Its so small and light it is always on me.

M

meilicke

I like the juxtaposition of her face and the background.

-scott

M

meilicke

I like the juxtaposition of her face and the background.

-scott

BTW, I know the BG is distracting...
For me, this is part of what "makes" the picture (I like it!).

The combination of this, the obvious w/a distortion of the face, and the vertical bisection of the image all give a feeling of pleasant whimsy (which rhymes well with your explanation of how it was snapped...).

99 times out of 100, such shots turn out as junk. This is the 100th one...;)

stevem8

Thanks guys for all of the comments. Yea, it may be a YAWN type of shot, but the DLux 4 can be handy to have on you! Thanks!

markwon

i agree with per, the background colors and lights along with her hairband is what makes the shot "work."