The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My first tests with the D-Lux 4

agoglanian

I've been so pleased with this camera so far. I have already recommended it (or the LX3 equivalent if you can find one.) to so many people.

Here's my first samples from the camera. These were all shot in JPEG as it still does not have RAW support within Aperture (I'm really thinking of going back to lightroom. The DP1 I'm getting doesn't have support either.)

Anyways. These are all pretty much straight from the camera, very little to no editing was done.

This last one did have a little editing. Just a bit of soft focus and desaturation.

I can't believe that this little camera is capable of the results we've all been seeing online. I'm just so excited that it's possible for me to now leave the DSLR at home sometimes and still be able to bring home worth-while images.

agoglanian

I agree, I like the 3rd shot the best too because it actually was a decent shot. The others were just me walking around lol!

stevem8

Looks great, you gotta love this little camera. It is inspiring, and your last two are my favorites. Nice light in the 2nd to last.

agoglanian

What's neat is that's just a Dynamic B&W jpeg right out of the camera, there was decent sunlight out at the time. I love this thing!