The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 is back!

Rawfa

Got my DP1 today and went out for some casual shooting. Nothing fancy though. I'll post some more tomorrow.

helenhill

Wooohooo Rafa... fab & Atmospheric Shot

Who did You end up buying From
Now You just need the soon to be DP2
Congrats!

O

Oxide Blu

Geez, Rawfa, I want to make pictures that are "nothing fancy" like that. Beautiful!!! :thumbs: I bet that picture is beautiful full size.

The wide angle thing just doesn't work for me in that I can't see myself using it so much. I want to see the DP2 with its 40mm lens.

Rawfa

Thanks everybody for the nice comments!
Tim, no HDR here. As a matter of fact it's a JPEG :)
But I did mess around with the levels.
One of the things I love the most about the DP1 is that if you expose it right it gives you sooo much head room for exploring different creative possibilities while post processing.
I really wish I had more patience for HDR, though. Maybe when I'm older and wiser...says the 32 year old...hehehe.

P

Paul-T

Nice one Rafael! Good thing you bought a Dp1 once again. I use jpeg with it on iso's 00 and below. With a little sharpening its almost as sharp as SPP raws. My only problem is the battery drain so I got 2 "Goki" batteries which lasts longer than the Bp-31 at half the price.:)

Cheers,
Paul

Rawfa

Thanks for the tip, Paul. Just yesterday I was thinking about getting an additional battery. On X-Mas I visited China and while my DP1 battery would finish after a days' use, the LX3s' would keep on shooting.