The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The DP2 waiting game

fordfanjpn

I signed up with Sigma Japan to get email notices (in Japanese) of new products, events, etc., and I just got an email saying that the DP2 will be available for fondling at the PIE show to be held here the last weekend of the month. No mention of when we'll actually be able to buy the thing. I've already registered for the show and am planning on going on the 27th. So if we haven't heard anything by then, I'll definitely be pinning the first Sigma rep I see against the wall and demanding a release date. But I'm really hoping it will be out before that.

Bill

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
My dealer tells me shortly. I have already listed my
GX 200 to sell so as to prepare. The DP1 killed all other
cameras for me. The DP2 is the only one to have with it.
shooter

fordfanjpn

My dealer tells me shortly. I have already listed my
GX 200 to sell so as to prepare. The DP1 killed all other
cameras for me. The DP2 is the only one to have with it.
shooter
I'm keeping my GRD2 because of the size and because it does macro. But I'm really anxious to get my hands on the DP2.

Bill

fordfanjpn

An update on the DP2 situation here in Japan. I received a message from Sigma Japan this morning, but all it really said is that the Japanese version of the special DP2 website will be going on line tomorrow. However, it did list several Japanese magazines that have articles about the DP2 in their April issues (which I assume are on the stands now, although I haven't yet checked). For anyone interested, the magazines are:

Digital Camera Magazine
Cameraman
Nihon Camera
Photo Technique Digital
Digital Photo
Asahi Camera
Capa
And a special edition from Cameraman on compact digital cameras

I'll hit the magazine stands today and see if any of those magazines have any worthwhile information. In the meantime, the PIE show starts tomorrow in Tokyo, and I will be taking Friday off to attend the show. If I can squeeze any info out of Sigma, you folks will be the first to know. Wish me luck.

Bill

Rick Waldroup

Thanks Bill for the info. I am really, really interested in this camera. In particular, I want to know what the images look like at higher ISO's. I have a new project in mind that will require a lot of shooting in low light without a flash. The lens on this camera is perfect, focal length wise, and it is fast enough- if I can just get some really clean images at higher ISO's, then that will seal the deal for me.

Thanks once again.