The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GR-DII images

L

LotC

The GR-DII makes a great 'notebook' camera. I use the 21mm converter as standard.

V

VladimirV

Very nice pictures with great tonality. I like the 3rd one best.
Did you use jpg or RAW? Looks more like jpg to me but can't be sure at that size.

L

LotC

Gorgeous work, Steve!

Where were those taken?
Thanks.

Lanyon Quoit (prehistoric dolmen) and the ruined tin mine engine house are in West Penwith, Cornwall.

Normanton Church is in Rutland.

Lili

Lovely work, all three of them
I like the progression from the Trilithon, to the ruined mining works and finally to the intact church.

Shane Phillips

Lovely work!

Did you underexpose or is this and example of ETTR?

Which raw developer did you use and would you care to share your basic technique on processing?

Thanks for sharing.

Shane-NYC

W

wbrandsma

Absolutely beautiful photos. Just the way I like it. Especially the third is one is outstanding. Great work.

L

LotC

Lovely work!

Did you underexpose or is this and example of ETTR?

Which raw developer did you use and would you care to share your basic technique on processing?

Thanks for sharing.

Shane-NYC
Thanks.

Nothing much to it, really. You've picked up most of it.

In bright sunlight I underexpose by as much as .7 stop to retain highlight detail.

Lanyon Quoit and the tin mine were developed in ACR. Normanton Church was developed in Lightroom.

Once I'm happy with the .dng file I take the tiff into PS and perform any further tweaks (usually in curves) I feel are appropriate and then convert to monochrome via C2B&W Pro3 (OK, old hat some say, but coming from a wet darkroom background, I like it!).

A bit of localised sharpening and it's good to go.

Shane Phillips

Thanks.

Nothing much to it, really. You've picked up most of it.

In bright sunlight I underexpose by as much as .7 stop to retain highlight detail.

Lanyon Quoit and the tin mine were developed in ACR. Normanton Church was developed in Lightroom.

Once I'm happy with the .dng file I take the tiff into PS and perform any further tweaks (usually in curves) I feel are appropriate and then convert to monochrome via C2B&W Pro3 (OK, old hat some say, but coming from a wet darkroom background, I like it!).

A bit of localised sharpening and it's good to go.

Thank you very much for your speedy reply, happy shooting.

Shane-NYC

L

LotC

Absolutely beautiful photos. Just the way I like it. Especially the third is one is outstanding. Great work.
Thanks, Wouter.

Had a look at the 2 images you posted in the gallery. Love that old furnace!

bbodine9

Outstanding captures!

Steve,

These are just exceptional captures as are the photos on your website. Congratulations on your honors, you must be quite proud. Please share as much as you can with those of us trying to improve our skills. You have proven to me what the GRII can do in capable hands. Thank you for sharing.

srw

Wow, those are great
Must be nice to live somewhere with real history
Round here, westcoast stateside, a hundred years old is ancient