The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First shots with DP1

RvN

I have been reading the forum for a month now and ended up with a new DP1! It arrived yesterday and I just had take a few pictures with it.
Here are a few I managed to process through Sigma Photo Pro which I used the first time (mostly on automatic).

Normally I take pics with people and on the street. Any comments are welcome.

Roel

fordfanjpn

Congratulations. It looks like you're off to a very good start. Those are nice shots. I especially like the first and last ones. Keep it up, and post more! :thumbup:

Bill

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Geeze Roel, I'm very sorry for you....but alas it's too late.....you are now starting to discover the MAGIC of the Sigma DP1.....us addicts around here all know each other and help to support each other by sharing knowledge and images.......

Our numbers grow slowly but surely.......in fact you just increased it by 1....

welcome and you have good vision and now the right camera to record it.....

don

RvN

Thanks for the warm welcome and the positive replies. I agree with the comments and actually like the first pic best.

Will keep you posted with more pictures in the future. Probably I will post some specific questions too. Have to run now (but have the DP1 in my pocket!)

Regards,
Roel

Rawfa

Congrats on the DP1. I've sold my first one, tried DSLR and then went back to the DP1. It's funny most of your shots are vertically framed...I do that a lot as a way to isolate particular subjects (since the DP1 has no zoom).

W

wbrandsma

A good start Roel. I in particular like the first photo. Was that photograph taken in Naarden?

W

wbrandsma

Hoi Roel,

It looked like Naarden to me. But a google search on 'Ochse Zwembaden' did the rest :D

Always great to see Dutch photographers here :thumbup:

RvN

So far I like the camera but must say I think the little Ricoh GRD handles/feels better. Just received the adapter with hood. Probably it will help holding the DP1 but I am considering adding the grip I have seen.

Here are some shots with people. Spring gives a nice vibe with more people outside. These are during lunchtime around the WTC in Amsterdam. (The shots in the sushi place were 800 Iso, All shots at 4.0.) I like the colors it draws.