The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new firmware for E-3 and all other E0-series models

scott kirkpatrick

DPreview news has two useful links. Some AF quirks got fixed in various bodies and lenses. And it is possible to tell the newer camera's image stabilization firmware the focal length of a lens which is not 4/3 but just bolted on. Leica M8 owners will appreciate how sweet that must feel.

scott

edit: title, which I can't change, should say E- instead of E0-

Last edited:
S

spylaw4

The ability to use non-4/3 lenses without inbuilt IS is a big step forward. Using my R lenses now becomes feasible and may well sway me towards the E-3 as an upgrade from the L1 (unless of course Leica produce their own 4/3 camera).

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This opens up some great possibilities. I can see the need for a number of "interesting" lenses to try out. Good thing I'm not married ;D

Riley

its a step forward, and progress
i think we still need focus confirmation though, and Im hoping that comes next

that will open the system up to a majority of MF glass somewhat alleviating the shortfall in lenses compared with the top 2 systems.

S

spylaw4

The next upgrade would be for someone to produce an R->4/3 adapter that transfers R ROM exif data and fools the E-3 into auto IS use!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The next upgrade would be for someone to produce an R->4/3 adapter that transfers R ROM exif data and fools the E-3 into auto IS use!
Leica could do that themselves. They already make an R to 4/3 adapter, but without any functionality.

Brian Mosley

This is of huge benefit to anyone wishing to continue enjoying their classic legacy lenses into the latest generation cameras. The E-3, with its' large bright viewfinder and highly effective in-body IS is now the best option, imho for using with legacy glass.

Kind Regards

Brian

dhsimmonds

Well I am not a 4/3 user but these posts have got me thinking a bit!. But perhaps I should wait to see what the R10 offers first.....give me more time to save for it too!

E

espressogeek

This is of huge benefit to anyone wishing to continue enjoying their classic legacy lenses into the latest generation cameras. The E-3, with its' large bright viewfinder and highly effective in-body IS is now the best option, imho for using with legacy glass.

Kind Regards

Brian
Except for the 2x multiplier. That pretty much shoots the wide to normal range in the foot. But leica does make the super sweet abeit large summilux for 4/3.