The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New W/A Sigma

S

spylaw4

I see that Sigma have announced a 10-20 f4 in the 4/3 mount. :clap:
Just what we needed a (perhaps) affordable and possibly more compact w/a than the currently available ones. It is certainly good to have an alternative to the 2 Oly ones.

Now - where's that new Panasonic? Oh and a Leica 4/3 Digilux4?

Riley

yes its great to have it aboard, even if its just as a cheap option
what somebody really needs to do, is offer an ultrafast portrait solution, perhaps in a range of optics. Its not really my bag but i can understand the frustration of some that this position isn't covered.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't know. It's 20% cheaper than the 11-22mm f/2.8-3.5, and 1mm wider, but it's also 1-1.3 stops slower and not weather sealed. On a Nikon body, it shows a lot of vignetting, distortion and CA, and the corner sharpness isn't very much to write home about. These things may of course improve with a smaller sensor, but I think I'll keep my 11-22 :)

S

spylaw4

Yeah - I was reading that it does not appear to be all that good - you pays your money.....! Another w/a possiblility bites the dust!

Riley

funny how APSC users in my field swear by the thing
def not as good as 11-22 but hey...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
funny how APSC users in my field swear by the thing
def not as good as 11-22 but hey...
I agree. People seem to be very happy with the Sigma. Still, with the relatively small price difference, I think that the Zuiko is a better buy for 4/3 cameras.